Hard Side, Hard Window Blinds?

Discussion in 'Hunting Gear (General)' started by Olympus, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Olympus

Olympus FFL Dealer

Aug 9, 2016
    Jackson
    I have already. The ones they used to sell were Guidesman brand and were kinda OD green. Those looked pretty decent for the price. But they stopped carrying them and now carrying a brand called Booner. The display models looked very flimsy. Doors had huge gaps and windows didn’t fit good or seal well. I was disappointed they stopped carrying the Guidesman models.

2. Olympus

Olympus FFL Dealer

Aug 9, 2016
    Jackson
    Those Banks are just as high as a Redneck! $1700.

3. Muleskinner

Muleskinner Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2006
    Osage County
    Look on Craigslist couple of poly ones on there

4. gurgalunas

gurgalunas Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2013
    Platte City
    I noticed a little gap on the door of the display I saw. Figured it was all the kids that play in those things. I looked it over and thought it was solid enough that it would handle "normal abuse". Doubt there will be rugrats climbing it like a jungle gym in my woods.

They are definitely not a Redneck, but I'm pretty certain it will work like i intend it to.

5. CRE10

CRE10 No to Drugs Yes to Hugs

Nov 18, 2013
    In a barn
    I've looked at them. I would run 2x4's around the inside lip of the blind so you have more surface area to anchor it down. Just using screws or lags I think on days like yesterday would be asking for them to rip/break the plastic and have your blind in the next county.

6. no questions asked this is the route you should go

Hawk likes this.
  7. gurgalunas

gurgalunas Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2013
    Platte City
    Yeah, that's what I had thought too. Adding a little structure to it...

8. 90acres

90acres Senior Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Wardsville
    Buy the one from Wally world, it looks pretty good. I'm like CJ, I built my own for about $200, Tin roof and sides, fill size steel door, should last 20.

9. buckdeer1

buckdeer1 Member

Mar 12, 2016
    I have been looking also,after building several you have to be using really scrap stuff to get 200.00.They might work in some cases and I still use them but I wanted a tighter blind.Another to look at is the one from Dicks.Advantage blinds.Rogers outdoors also says they have blemished rednecks on sale in there MO store

10. riverbottomhunter

riverbottomhunter Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Chariton Co.
    My new farm has 3 different models of enclosed blinds on it.
    big game trophy box. They do the job but not very comfortable and are a pain to get into for a bigger guy.
    the blynd. A bit better than the trophy box but thin walls so a little noisy.
    redneck. Pricey but definitely the top of the line. I have the 5x6 and the wife was comfortable in it with both boys. Turn on a heater in there and it will run you out.

I also had a sportsmans condo SC3 for about 8-10 years on an old farm. Works well.

Built my own once. Worked fine but by the time I figure in money on material and my time building it along with it won't outlast any of the other mentioned stands just seams in the long run its best to just buy one.

11. Hunter75

Hunter75 Active Member

Sep 15, 2011
    USA
    From what I’ve seen, I like the Muddy blinds the most.

CentralSouthPaw likes this.
  12. Hawk

Hawk Well-Known Member Sponsor

Oct 15, 2009
    I looked at both and did a lot of checking when i was buying. The muddys look awesome but many have found them poor quality long term. Theres a lot of wood in them that will swell amd make it difficult to get the windows and door to seal, etc. Yoy dont have those problems with fiberglass.

13. Woods

Woods Cooyon, Back from NOLA

My dad built several box blind deer stands and having the windows sealed up when not in use make them last. Course each gets a full coat of paint inside and out. Everyone he has made is still standing, some 30+ years old and solid.

DCSarchette likes this.
  14. buckdeer1

buckdeer1 Member

Mar 12, 2016
    I was thinking maybe a good option would be to buy a enclosed trailer off craigslist and paint up,you could either take off axle or leave and move around.You can buy the banks blind windows for 40.00 each