hair slipping

Discussion in 'Taxidermy' started by jtbowhnter, Feb 8, 2006.

1. jtbowhnter

jtbowhnter Member

Dec 13, 2004
    festus
    i have tanned my hide and it is ready to mounted. i used lutant f tanning kit, let it soak in for about three day the inner hide has turned to a light color of white, but i have hair slipping out of hide i've rolled it up and put in freezer until i can get mannikan in is there anything out there i can put on hide when it thaws or is this normal. it's not hand full but i can run my hand threw the hide and have hair on my hand.

2. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    kind of tough to tell without seeing it.they make a product called stop slip.that will stop anymore from slipping.but it won't stop anything that has already slipped.all hides shed some.but not a whole lot.the thing that would worry me is.if it slipping now without working on it.down the road in the drying stage could be a soured odor and that ain't good.all you can do is try,go for it.

3. jtbowhnter

jtbowhnter Member

Dec 13, 2004
    festus
    before i mount it do i need to let the cape completely dry or can it be somewhat wet?

4. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    i'd mount it wet,but i don't think i would tumble it,you might lose more than you want to.have fun.hope it is just shed hair.