Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Under appreciated
92,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caught this hen messing around under a crab tree near the busy inersection of Olive and Warson Road, on campus where I work in St. Louis...

BTW... you all are making me feel REAL bad about missing opening morning.. Congrats to all who have scored so far!!!:cheers::cheers::cheers:

·
Under appreciated
92,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

harder to see cause she was in the shade, but that is a busy busy intersection in the background around 1pm on a Monday in St. Louis

·
Under appreciated
92,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well.. I wasnt too surprised. There is a lot of wooded area where I work.. big campus really... I see hen turkeys all the time and some deer.

But I never saw one this close to the road! I felt obliged to take a pic :D

·
Registered
17,011 Posts
those are nice pics rat, what kind of camera were you using and how far was she?

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I didn't get to go this morning either. I didn't see any turkeys on the way in but I did see 3 deer. I used to always see turkeys driving into work. But now there are so many subdivisions going in I will probably never see the birds again.
Great pic!!!

·
Under appreciated
92,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its just an olympus stylus 500 but I had the zoom all the way up.

She absolutely knew I was there but I didnt want to get much closer than 40yds or so.. I was skeered she would run out into traffic or something.. She let me take pictures for about 5 min or so and then she was done!

·
Under appreciated
92,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

before I walked closer.. I saw her as I went through that intersection so I stopped and put a big spruce tree between me and her to get this close. It was soon apparrent to me that she could care less about me being there so I walked closer.. I'm guessing that this is 70 or 80 yds..

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Hey, I bet Jimmy Houston could even kill THAT bird.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.