Had to work and still saw a turk!

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting General' started by rat, Apr 24, 2006.

1. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Caught this hen messing around under a crab tree near the busy inersection of Olive and Warson Road, on campus where I work in St. Louis...

BTW... you all are making me feel REAL bad about missing opening morning.. Congrats to all who have scored so far!!!:cheers::cheers::cheers:

2. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005

harder to see cause she was in the shade, but that is a busy busy intersection in the background around 1pm on a Monday in St. Louis

3. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    That is just wrong!!! For crying out loud there have been post made today where the poor souls went to the woods looking for them and you jsut drive into town and there they are!!! :stickfight:

4. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Well.. I wasnt too surprised. There is a lot of wooded area where I work.. big campus really... I see hen turkeys all the time and some deer.

But I never saw one this close to the road! I felt obliged to take a pic :D

5. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    those are nice pics rat, what kind of camera were you using and how far was she?

6. riverbottomhunter

riverbottomhunter Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Chariton Co.
    Looks like a good roosting tree to me.

7. BIG OL AL

BIG OL AL New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    High Ridge MO
    I didn't get to go this morning either. I didn't see any turkeys on the way in but I did see 3 deer. I used to always see turkeys driving into work. But now there are so many subdivisions going in I will probably never see the birds again.
    Great pic!!!

8. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Its just an olympus stylus 500 but I had the zoom all the way up.

She absolutely knew I was there but I didnt want to get much closer than 40yds or so.. I was skeered she would run out into traffic or something.. She let me take pictures for about 5 min or so and then she was done!

9. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005

before I walked closer.. I saw her as I went through that intersection so I stopped and put a big spruce tree between me and her to get this close. It was soon apparrent to me that she could care less about me being there so I walked closer.. I'm guessing that this is 70 or 80 yds..

10. Hayzer

Hayzer New Member

Hey, I bet Jimmy Houston could even kill THAT bird.