had to throw a vaccum salesman out of the house last night

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by riverbottomhunter, Oct 30, 2010.

1. riverbottomhunter

riverbottomhunter Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Chariton Co.
    Came home from bow hunting last night and saw a big van leaving my driveway. Wife was home so I just figured it was someone she knew. Got in the house and found a vaccum salesman. I informed he we just got a new rainbow last year and were not going to buy one, NO MATTER WHAT. He said he was just needing to do 1 more showing for some reason or another. Wife told me he was real pushy and almost demanded to clean our carpet (that didn't set well with me). Then I remembered the city police getting called on these guys 2 days ago in Salisbury for them being so pushy.

I tried to ignore the guy and even gave my boy a duck call to try to annoy him. I noticed he was starting to get pretty rude to my wife, then stated he wanted to clean our mattress. Wife told him he couldn't touch it because it would void our warrenty on it and it can't collect dust either.

Finally wife told him it was time for him to go. He told her "I'm going as fast as I can". Wife said no, you need to go now. He said "I will be done pretty soon"

Then it was my turn:claphands::claphands::claphands:

I informed him, in a not so nice tone, he was to get his you know what out of my house now. He had the nerve to tell me I was being rude. I asked him if he thought it was rude to show up at someones house at 7pm on a friday evening.

Needless to say he stood at the end of my driveway for 15 minutes in the dark waiting for his ride.

I hate door to door salemen. I figure if I don't bother them at their house, they can leave me alone at mine.

2. 67Firebird

67Firebird Chicken Man

Teach your wife the slam-the-door-in-their-face move. :cheers:

3. archer66

archer66 5 shots 1 kill

Jun 21, 2008
    I'd make a complaint with his company. They need to know their salesmen are acting that way and on the off chance they are supportive of that kind of pressured sales tactics they need to be told it isn't welcome.

4. Yahoo

Yahoo Active Member

Sep 27, 2008
    St Charles
    Your wife needs to learn to not let them in the house. If he pushed his way in, call the cops and/or get the gun. I have literally thrown them off my porch physically before. Its sort of a hobby of mine, messin' with sales people (I am one, go figure...)

5. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    [rquote=1870853&tid=130252&author=archer66]I'd make a complaint with his company. They need to know their salesmen are acting that way and on the off chance they are supportive of that kind of pressured sales tactics they need to be told it isn't welcome.[/rquote]

It won't do any good to call the company with complaints....that is what they teach them to do once they get their foot in the door. Sure they would tell you on the phone that they will talk to the salesperson...and they do.... but with praise on their sales tactics but will reprimand them on just why a sale was not made.

6. archer66

archer66 5 shots 1 kill

Jun 21, 2008
    [rquote=1870879&tid=130252&author=Mailman][rquote=1870853&tid=130252&author=archer66]I'd make a complaint with his company. They need to know their salesmen are acting that way and on the off chance they are supportive of that kind of pressured sales tactics they need to be told it isn't welcome.[/rquote]

It won't do any good to call the company with complaints....that is what they teach them to do once they get their foot in the door. Sure they would tell you on the phone that they will talk to the salesperson...and they do.... but with praise on their sales tactics but will reprimand them on just why a sale was not made.[/rquote]

If that is the case....and it doesn't suprise me....then word needs to get out that this is a company to not do business with. I've marked them off my list that's for sure.

7. riverbottomhunter

Sep 27, 2005
    Chariton Co.
    [rquote=1870879&tid=130252&author=Mailman][rquote=1870853&tid=130252&author=archer66]I'd make a complaint with his company. They need to know their salesmen are acting that way and on the off chance they are supportive of that kind of pressured sales tactics they need to be told it isn't welcome.[/rquote]

It won't do any good to call the company with complaints....that is what they teach them to do once they get their foot in the door. Sure they would tell you on the phone that they will talk to the salesperson...and they do.... but with praise on their sales tactics but will reprimand them on just why a sale was not made.[/rquote]

My thoughts as well mm. My wife thought I was going to hit the guy while I was yelling at him. He asked my wife if I was going to call the cops. She laughed at him and said, didn't you see his patrol car in the driveway. He said, well he isn't on duty. She laughed and said, he is always on duty.

8. riverbottomhunter

Sep 27, 2005
    Chariton Co.
    And for anyone that wants to keep an eye out for these guys. They are driving a large Dodge van, dark blue in color. Pretty sure they were selling Kirby vaccums.

9. riverbottomhunter

Sep 27, 2005
    Chariton Co.
    Wife just told me how they found us.

Guess they barged into my brother in laws house the other day. Only way he could get them to leave was by giving them 5 names, ours was one.

Wife got a phone call from someone stating they were a cleaning company located in Columbia and was moving to Moberly. They told her they were looking for buisness and wanted to come clean 1 room of our house for us for free to try to get customers. Turns out they weren't a cleaning company, but vaccum sales people.

Poor little guy last night ran out of the house so fast he left some of his cleaning filters behind:D

10. Ginger

Ginger Administrator

Nov 23, 2003
    Chariton County
    [rquote=1870946&tid=130252&author=riverbottomhunter]And for anyone that wants to keep an eye out for these guys. They are driving a large Dodge van, dark blue in color. Pretty sure they were selling Kirby vaccums.[/rquote]

Good to know. They'll be sorry if they show up here.

11. riverbottomhunter

Sep 27, 2005
    Chariton Co.
    [rquote=1870962&tid=130252&author=Ginger][rquote=1870946&tid=130252&author=riverbottomhunter]And for anyone that wants to keep an eye out for these guys. They are driving a large Dodge van, dark blue in color. Pretty sure they were selling Kirby vaccums.[/rquote]

Good to know. They'll be sorry if they show up here.[/rquote]

I hate to say it, because I really don't like to act this way, but the only way to get it through his head that he was not welcome here way by yelling and getting fighting mad.

They don't understand a polite no or please leave. But they do understand get the you know what out of my house or I will throw you out:cheers:

12. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    that is what i love about city cops. we took a van full of them dudes to jail this week. so many more ways to enforce the law than in the county. it pays to pay for a city business liscense before you make people mad:D

13. sand_manms

sand_manms New Member

Dec 13, 2005
    South Mississippi
    Woulda been a good time to start wiping off a shotgun or handgun. And just give them that crazed look while you are cleaning!!!

14. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    [rquote=1870968&tid=130252&author=riverbottomhunter][rquote=1870962&tid=130252&author=Ginger][rquote=1870946&tid=130252&author=riverbottomhunter]And for anyone that wants to keep an eye out for these guys. They are driving a large Dodge van, dark blue in color. Pretty sure they were selling Kirby vaccums.[/rquote]

Good to know. They'll be sorry if they show up here.[/rquote]

I hate to say it, because I really don't like to act this way, but the only way to get it through his head that he was not welcome here way by yelling and getting fighting mad.

They don't understand a polite no or please leave. But they do understand get the you know what out of my house or I will throw you out:cheers:[/rquote]

Don't ya know, ya gotta hear 7 no's for every yes? How many times did you tell him no?:rof2::rof2:

It's a rough way to make a living, that's for sure. I sold rainbows for a while. Mailman is right on what they're taught in class.

15. riverbottomhunter

Sep 27, 2005
    Chariton Co.
    About an hour after they left my house I heard a local officer pull them over on my scanner. 2 out of the 5 had warrants:eek::eek::eek:

But as it normally goes they were minor and too far away and were not extraditable

16. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    I remember my Mom tossin one outta our house one time when I was about 7 or 8! Guess it hasn't changed!

17. Deadeye

Deadeye New Member

Sep 18, 2006
    Gasconade County
    Yup, remember them guys stopping at the trailer my room mate and I lived in during college at Mizzou. Dang guy vacuumed our carpet and even vacuumed filth and dust out of our couches that we thought were fairly clean. He was sure pushy too, but we didn't give in and finally after 2.5 hours we got him out of there.

18. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    :whiteflag: You don't come in my house unless you are invited. :whiteflag:

My wife knows I would be just as mad at her as I would be at the guy if I came home to find some random person in my house.

I don't 'do' salesmen. :D

I can't imagine seeing you mad RBH. I'm positive you can thump harder than I can. I wouldn't want to even hear you raise your voice.

Parker

19. riverbottomhunter

Sep 27, 2005
    Chariton Co.
    [rquote=1871758&tid=130252&author=Parker] I wouldn't want to even hear you raise your voice.

Parker[/rquote]

It doesn't happen offen, and when I do I have a pretty good reason

20. yankee

yankee Senior Member

kirby guy cleaned the living room for us, then i said it's time for you to GO, he said well what about the dirt, i told him i was planting potato's, GET OUT NOW:wave::wave: