Had to go preform my civic duty this am..........

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by mrb, Jun 4, 2009.

1. mrb

mrb New Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Moberly, Mo
    Man I hate courthouses....... Had jury duty this morning.... civil matter and I sure am glad I didn't get picked for the panel......:bowing::bowing::bowing:

2. MrsRebel

MrsRebel New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Ozark, MO
    (knock on wood). I haven't had to do that

3. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    Knock on wood, I've always dodged the bullet too. Been picked a few times, but have only had to actually show up once. All the others were plea bargained, or cancelled for whatever reason.

4. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    just scream guilty when walking in..

yep your gone

:D

5. DanF

DanF Active Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Cass Co.
    Been on 2 jurys...one was a discrimination case, other one I ended up being jury foreman...on that one, it was an accidental shooting and we ruled "can't fix stupid" and let him go with 6 months supervised probation...hated to miss work, but it was fun...

6. fishshooter

fishshooter Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    I thought mabey he was talking bout putting Knockemdead in TO :D

7. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    the only good thing about that is the donuts:D i give them my superduper mean look,never get picked:peepwall:

8. htredneck

htredneck Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Cass County, MO
    I have been called for jury duty twice.
    First time was during Desert Storm - Uncle Sam wouldn't let me go.
    Second time was for a criminal case. I was asked if I had problems sentencing someone to state prison. Told them the only problem I have with prison sentences is 'time off for good behavior'. Didn't get picked for some reason.

9. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Bout time ya did somethin!!!!:peepwall::D

10. fishshooter

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    [rquote=1287085&tid=90011&author=coyotehunter]the only good thing about that is the donuts:D i give them my superduper mean look,never get picked:peepwall:[/rquote]

I don't think you even have to do that :rof2:

11. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    [rquote=1287092&tid=90011&author=fishshooter][rquote=1287085&tid=90011&author=coyotehunter]the only good thing about that is the donuts:D i give them my superduper mean look,never get picked:peepwall:[/rquote]

I don't think you even have to do that :rof2:[/rquote]you ain't gone yet:rof2:

12. Whitemarsh

Whitemarsh New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    Greene Co.
    I got picked three times one summer about 5-6 years. They told me the computer picked me when I complained. It was interesting, but made for a long summer.

13. fishshooter

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    [rquote=1287099&tid=90011&author=coyotehunter][rquote=1287092&tid=90011&author=fishshooter][rquote=1287085&tid=90011&author=coyotehunter]the only good thing about that is the donuts:D i give them my superduper mean look,never get picked:peepwall:[/rquote]

I don't think you even have to do that :rof2:[/rquote]you ain't gone yet:rof2:[/rquote]

Good point, I don't think they even got me on the list to choose from, can't imagine why :thinking::shrug:

14. deerhunter365

deerhunter365 Active Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Salisbury/Marceline
    It always helps to have someone on the inside to get you out of that. :cheers:

15. DanF

DanF Active Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Cass Co.
    Overall, it's a pain, finding parking...sitting and waiting...but, I don't mind...guess it's my way of serving since I didn't do any military service...

16. Bricky

Bricky Active Member

Jul 11, 2003
    Bonne Terre Mo.
    i'm almost 53 years old and i have never been ask to serve

17. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Oh...Jury Duty....is that all...??

I thought is was your turn to wake up IMA.

18. TAB

TAB Active Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Southern Illinois
    I registered to vote finally last year. Then got a letter that I may get picked for jury duty for the next 6 months I believe and dad did also at the same time. Since me and my dad are 2 of the 3 managers at our place of business it wasn't going to work. We wrote them a letter and I got taken off. He had jury duty this week:claphands:. All the years I worked in town I wouldn't have minded it.

19. Dutch

Dutch Senior Member Team 19

Nov 28, 2003
    Huntsville.Mo
    I dont have to worry about that anymore ............. I have to show up but Ill get sent home just as fast:eek::

20. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    [rquote=1287015&tid=90011&author=mrb]Had jury duty this morning....I didn't get picked for the panel.[/rquote]

If it would make you feel any better, Dave...I would have picked ya'!

:rof2: