Had to go preform my civic duty this am..........

Discussion in 'Social Club 2011' started by mrb, Jun 4, 2009.

1. mrb

mrb New Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Moberly, Mo
    Man I hate courthouses....... Had jury duty this morning.... civil matter and I sure am glad I didn't get picked for the panel......:bowing::bowing::bowing:

2. MrsRebel

MrsRebel New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Ozark, MO
    (knock on wood). I haven't had to do that

3. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    Knock on wood, I've always dodged the bullet too. Been picked a few times, but have only had to actually show up once. All the others were plea bargained, or cancelled for whatever reason.

4. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    just scream guilty when walking in..

yep your gone

:D

5. DanF

DanF Active Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Cass Co.
    Been on 2 jurys...one was a discrimination case, other one I ended up being jury foreman...on that one, it was an accidental shooting and we ruled "can't fix stupid" and let him go with 6 months supervised probation...hated to miss work, but it was fun...

6. fishshooter

fishshooter Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    I thought mabey he was talking bout putting Knockemdead in TO :D

7. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    the only good thing about that is the donuts:D i give them my superduper mean look,never get picked:peepwall:

8. htredneck

htredneck Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Cass County, MO
    I have been called for jury duty twice.
    First time was during Desert Storm - Uncle Sam wouldn't let me go.
    Second time was for a criminal case. I was asked if I had problems sentencing someone to state prison. Told them the only problem I have with prison sentences is 'time off for good behavior'. Didn't get picked for some reason.

9. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Bout time ya did somethin!!!!:peepwall::D

10. fishshooter

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    [rquote=1287085&tid=90011&author=coyotehunter]the only good thing about that is the donuts:D i give them my superduper mean look,never get picked:peepwall:[/rquote]

I don't think you even have to do that :rof2:

11. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    [rquote=1287092&tid=90011&author=fishshooter][rquote=1287085&tid=90011&author=coyotehunter]the only good thing about that is the donuts:D i give them my superduper mean look,never get picked:peepwall:[/rquote]

I don't think you even have to do that :rof2:[/rquote]you ain't gone yet:rof2:

12. Whitemarsh

Whitemarsh New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    Greene Co.
    I got picked three times one summer about 5-6 years. They told me the computer picked me when I complained. It was interesting, but made for a long summer.

13. fishshooter

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    [rquote=1287099&tid=90011&author=coyotehunter][rquote=1287092&tid=90011&author=fishshooter][rquote=1287085&tid=90011&author=coyotehunter]the only good thing about that is the donuts:D i give them my superduper mean look,never get picked:peepwall:[/rquote]

I don't think you even have to do that :rof2:[/rquote]you ain't gone yet:rof2:[/rquote]

Good point, I don't think they even got me on the list to choose from, can't imagine why :thinking::shrug:

14. deerhunter365

deerhunter365 Active Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Salisbury/Marceline
    It always helps to have someone on the inside to get you out of that. :cheers:

15. DanF

DanF Active Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Cass Co.
    Overall, it's a pain, finding parking...sitting and waiting...but, I don't mind...guess it's my way of serving since I didn't do any military service...

16. Bricky

Bricky Active Member

Jul 11, 2003
    Bonne Terre Mo.
    i'm almost 53 years old and i have never been ask to serve

17. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Oh...Jury Duty....is that all...??

I thought is was your turn to wake up IMA.

18. TAB

TAB New Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Southern Illinois
    I registered to vote finally last year. Then got a letter that I may get picked for jury duty for the next 6 months I believe and dad did also at the same time. Since me and my dad are 2 of the 3 managers at our place of business it wasn't going to work. We wrote them a letter and I got taken off. He had jury duty this week:claphands:. All the years I worked in town I wouldn't have minded it.

19. Dutch

Dutch Senior Member Team 19

Nov 28, 2003
    Huntsville.Mo
    I dont have to worry about that anymore ............. I have to show up but Ill get sent home just as fast:eek::

20. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    [rquote=1287015&tid=90011&author=mrb]Had jury duty this morning....I didn't get picked for the panel.[/rquote]

If it would make you feel any better, Dave...I would have picked ya'!

:rof2: