Had fun in Texas

Discussion in 'Fishing General' started by Keith, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    Bryan and I had a great time in Ft. Worth this past weekend. Jeff Foxworthy missed some great material for his shows. :bangin: We fished ponds or tanks as Texans call them. They were hitting everything we threw at them. Spinners worked but plastics by far and top water in the late evening and early mornings was the ticket.

It was hot though. over 95 all weekend and Saturday the wind was getting with it. Now for those who have not met me I am 6'1 and close too 300 pounds. Way to short for my weight :hysterical: My brother who is not a small guy either myself and Bryan were in a 10ft jon boat plus trolling motor and battery. It got exciting setting hooks and fight 30 plus winds.

Worst thing is that I took three pictures right away and my camera just died. :mad: We did not even try to count what we caught but this ol' fat boy was tuckered out.

Sorry and angry about my camera or I would have lots of pics. All the bass were released. None were under 2 lbs and some were over four.

BTW, gas was as high 2.95 :eek:

Sorry bout the hand in the shots. I was trying to block some sun to see the view finder.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. sand_manms

sand_manms New Member

Dec 13, 2005
    South Mississippi
    Nice Pics! Glad ya'll had fun Bud! I want to hear about the hand held trolling motor!:toilet:

3. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    I forgot to mention that one....What was even funnier was he had a bass on at the time........:hysterical::hysterical:

4. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    So you guys were just a tad overloaded.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Keith glad you and Bryan had a good time. You deserved it.:dancin:

Jack

5. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Sho does look like a fun trip!!! Hard to beat a sore thumb from lippin bass!!!

6. 1FastCam

1FastCam New Member

Nov 25, 2002
    CT
    Heck Keith you were in my backyard! Glad ya'll like it here and had fun. Kinda flat here aint it. :D

And if you thought gas was high then.........this weekend it will be about $3.05. :frown:

7. BIG OL AL

BIG OL AL New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    High Ridge MO
    Sounds like you had a great time. Sorry to hear about your camera and not being able to take more pics!

8. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    1FastCam, wished I would of new that. I would of let you buy me a cold one :D When I got back home gas had gone up 12 cents over the weekend.

Oklahoma was sure dry. Saw several empty ponds and I could hardly believe my eyes when we crossed the Red River. There was very little mud red water.

9. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    MO
    Looks like a good time for sure!
    Thanks for sharing all of that!
    :cheers::cheers:

10. 1FastCam

1FastCam New Member

Nov 25, 2002
    CT
    Yeah Keith, there aint much water down here right now. I'd hate to think of what it would be like if we didnt get that 11 inches of rain (in 24 hours) last month. Last time I was at the lake it was still about 6 feet low. We need some rain bad!

But heck if ya ever make it back down this way gimme a holler!

11. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    sounds like a good time.