Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

Had a rough set up.

1380 Views 11 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  trailblazer75
Washed and dried my good pocket knife. It's just parts now.

Somehow managed to lose my boots in the field, my hat in the creek and my headlamp in the truck.

My hike was .99 miles to get in, so I have the headlamp and my meat pack along with my kill kit in the truck. Had to cross the creek again, so i at least have my waders on. I'm in a new spot on a good ridge top I've seen loads of deer on. Gotta love it!

P.P.P.P.P.P.
Plant Shoe Wood Tree Grass
See less See more
Reactions: 2
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
That foot thing comes w the saddle?
Reactions: 1
That foot thing comes w the saddle?
I bought it. It's made by out on a limb. Called a podium. You can run a saddle without them, but they're nice! I have a miniature one called an artisan platform that is bolted to my climbing stick. The stick weight is about 3 lbs. the podium weighs about 2.5-3 lbs. View attachment 149177
I bought it. It's made by out on a limb. Called a podium. You can run a saddle without them, but they're nice! I have a miniature one called an artisan platform that is bolted to my climbing stick. The stick weight is about 3 lbs. the podium weighs about 2.5-3 lbs. View attachment 149177
Do you think your setup would work for a crossbow hunter?
It would work for an Xbow... i've used mine for rifle. Only thing with the crossbow is I can't ever see you reloading unless you climb down. Also some shots will be difficult as you will have to watch your limbs, since you "hug" the tree instead of having your back to it
It would work for an Xbow... i've used mine for rifle. Only thing with the crossbow is I can't ever see you reloading unless you climb down. Also some shots will be difficult as you will have to watch your limbs, since you "hug" the tree instead of having your back to it
I'd agree. It could work. Especially with a very compact crossbow, but I think it's less ideal. A rig like this would probably work reasonably well compared to a wider limbed x-bow.

Attachments

See less See more
Damn.....2 Spoons tied together would have more room to stand on than that! :confused: :rolleyes::rolleyes: :p
Damn.....2 Spoons tied together would have more room to stand on than that! :confused: :rolleyes::rolleyes: :p
Its not a stand so much as just a spot to rest my feet and a way to get me turned around to shoot. Don't knock it til you try it! I have been just using a ring of strap on steps that were a LOT smaller.
Good thing you didn't lose your Glock too.
Reactions: 3
Good think you didn't lose your Glock too.
I managed to pick up everything I dropped! Wound up no worse for wear.
I usually find everything I misplaced the following year or two
I usually find everything I misplaced the following year or two
I always use the tracking function on my way in and out on OnX, so if I drop anything I can always go back pretty much exactly the same way and should (in theory) run across it.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.