Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
14,451 Posts
I did take my new rod and reel to the park and practiced casting with it....

·
Part-time malcontent
7,959 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,703 Posts
before i jumped by Black Legend Hunter, they are crappie because the deer season just ended! Not sure why the every city street named after him seems to be unsafe.

·
Registered
13,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm really jealous. Shooting docks at LOZ?
That was the plan at the start but it wasn't happening. We ended up finding them hanging out in open water on the wind blown sides of condo docks in the sun. I'd have bet about anything that they would have been tucked up in the shaded areas of docks but that wasn't the case. The fish have definitely moved since I was there last about three weeks ago. The water was also about 8 degrees cooler too though.

·
Registered
13,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice! We caught a few at Taneycomo, biggest in our group was a 2.5. Guy at another cabin got an 8.9. If the water wasn't moving....DEAD! This old man spent most of the time in the cabin where it was warm!
We're head dead there in the morning. The Masters trout tourney that Lilleys Landing hosts is this Saturday. We won it last year so hopefully we can have a repeat performance. The next two days are going to be a cold beech too so I'm not sure how much prefishing we'll be able to handle.

·
King of Callaway
43,144 Posts
We're head dead there in the morning. The Masters trout tourney that Lilleys Landing hosts is this Saturday. We won it last year so hopefully we can have a repeat performance. The next two days are going to be a cold beech too so I'm not sure how much prefishing we'll be able to handle.

Good Luck, I'll be waiting to watch your video for sure, what do you do about your line freezing in the reel?

·
Don't mind me
9,970 Posts
Good luck! I'll be fishing a couple lakes east of you and spending a little time on the same river..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts