Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
just a no body
15,856 Posts
After I saw that I started buying every box of 170 grain 30-30 I could find under $40. Until I had a decent supply, enough to hunt for many years. I don’t shoot my 30-30 and I won’t sell my ammo for any price
I have a crap load of Hornaday LeverEvoltion reloads I'd part with along with some extra bullitt's at a price to say something like ammunition does not have a price is silly IMO & but I'd rather trade as my wife's Marlin seems to like the Power Points better oddly enough.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
My Marlin likes the Winchester 170’s best and that’s about all I shoot. I have some others, would trade for 170 grain winchesters or Noster e tip 30/30 load. Might even trade some 150 grains 30-06 for 170 grain Winchester 30-30

Edit- but you can keep your $$ lol. I’m not trying to sell any of it but you are right, everything has got a price. I don’t think any sane person could offer me enough for mine

Reactions: beanpile

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Maybe i'll try to hit that one depending on the entry fee. I'm headed down to Taneycomo in the morning for the weekend so i should be in town that weekend. Also depends on how this whole virus crud is shaping up.

·
14,654 Posts
some one needs to start a private poll n how many rounds of ammunition one havs. One that the name of the person would not be shown
start at 100 or less, 500, 1000, 5000, 10,000 and go up to say 10 million+

They say they are making them as fast as they can but they do not seem to be making it past noon on the shelves

·
Registered
13,803 Posts
While I have plenty of ammo for the stuff I shoot and enjoy shooting those, I also have two guns that I can't find ammo for (I haven't really been looking except online, though). When my mother passed away late last year, my sister got started on cleaning out her house, and found an old Iver Johnson .32 S&W in a backroom closet, which she literally dropped into my lap on Monday. It goes along with a hideous Davis .380 clunker .380 that we found in my brother's belongings when he passed away (he had lots of other, nicer stuff).
Yeah, they're junker/clunkers, but try finding ammo even for them! and it's an exercise in frustration. I wouldn't even bother with the .380, it's a steaming heap of crap, but the IJ was a pretty decent gun in it's day, and it's got charisma, of all things. I kinda like the old thing.
Air gun Trigger Grey Wood Gun barrel

·
Registered
9,680 Posts
If you haven't already, check which frame that IJ is on Glenn. If it's a BP frame, no one I know who knows anything about them suggests even light smokeless loads.

As far as finding ammo for it, that's probably going to be a gun show thing and it will probably be smokeless. Right now I'd imagine it's a handload only proposition. I suspect a Trail Boss load would be ok.

Gun Shows? Heck yeah I still go. They're a social event for me. I did do some serious horse trading on a drilling 4-5 years ago and came out pretty good. The guy really wanted the drilling I had. Other than that I don't remember the last time I actually bought a firearm at one. Usually, depending on the show, I can find some little tid-bit I need or something of interest. If not, I get to catch up with a lot of friends who that is the only time I see.

·
Registered
13,803 Posts
Vic, it IS a BP frame, the owl is facing forward, as it does on BP frames. If the owl faced backwards, it would be a smokeless frame (or so I read on another forum, there's not much information on Iver Johnsons on a typical firearms forum). No worries, I don't have any plans to use this thing, or even shoot it, as I have a half-dozen .22 handguns and more centerfires than that (all of those are at least 9mm or .38 Sp..but mostly .45 ACPs or a 10mm. All of those are better for my purposes. If it hadn't fallen in my lap (literally}, I'd never have looked twice at it. Other than the nickel flaking off at the rear of the barrel, it's in great shape, though, tight as a tick. It might even be safe with factory ammo, but at $35/box for the stuff, I'm not that interested in finding out, lol.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
While I have plenty of ammo for the stuff I shoot and enjoy shooting those, I also have two guns that I can't find ammo for (I haven't really been looking except online, though). When my mother passed away late last year, my sister got started on cleaning out her house, and found an old Iver Johnson .32 S&W in a backroom closet, which she literally dropped into my lap on Monday. It goes along with a hideous Davis .380 clunker .380 that we found in my brother's belongings when he passed away (he had lots of other, nicer stuff).
Yeah, they're junker/clunkers, but try finding ammo even for them! and it's an exercise in frustration. I wouldn't even bother with the .380, it's a steaming heap of crap, but the IJ was a pretty decent gun in it's day, and it's got charisma, of all things. I kinda like the old thing. View attachment 227776
If you don’t want to voyage to the gun shows you could try
Found them on ebay. Then bought a few parts from them.
Ordered the wrong Mossberg 185 magazines, called and spoke to them cause could not find the correct size anywhere. They took back the incorrect mags and called me when the correct size finally arrived in stock. Call them and they may do the same for your ammo. They had some previously listed on gunsamerica.

or you can go here for $1/round

·
2,842 Posts
Thanks for the insight and thats what I get for opening my mouth about a show I've never been to.

Question though.. as big as it is, what about if I needed a firing pin for a Savage 24J or something else particular like that? where would i start at a show that big to find it?
There are several vendors that just sell parts and they know each other so if you find one they can tell you where the others are located. There is a Row and numbering system so you can find a particular location. There is also a directory that you can get at the entrance that lists the locations of all the dealers.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I haven’t been to Tulsa since Covid hit but IMO everyone should go there once in your lifetime. I figured the Democrats would be working hard on shutting down the gun shows but they must have bigger fish to fry.
I had a room reserved for the spring 2020 Tulsa show and of course had to cancel but any firearm enthusiast should make the Tulsa show at least once. I would recommend making a list and taking a pocket full of cash, no flea market junk at this one.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.