Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts
I hit all the local shows I'm able to. I see familiar sellers with a lot of the same stuff but I see new guns at every show and have found some real bargains recently. I don't usually shop for new guns at the shows but the older, walnut and steel stuff. I also collect some reloading tools and occasionally find a few of them at the shows. Mainly I go to look at guns for a couple of hours. I'm thinking of getting a couple of tables at the upcoming Farmington show to move a few things that I no longer need.

I hit all the local shows I'm able to. I see familiar sellers with a lot of the same stuff but I see new guns at every show and have found some real bargains recently. I don't usually shop for new guns at the shows but the older, walnut and steel stuff. I also collect some reloading tools and occasionally find a few of them at the shows. Mainly I go to look at guns for a couple of hours. I'm thinking of getting a couple of tables at the upcoming Farmington show to move a few things that I no longer need.
when is the Farmington show?

The only hunting, fishing, gun, etc show that I've ever felt was actually worth attending for deals was the Grizzly Jig Crappie Convention. They had a ton of good buys that day. Anything else I've ever been too was good for looking and talking, but not worth a flip for purchasing anything. That's how most auctions seem to me. People just like to spend money while other people are watching.

My dad and I started getting tables at gun shows in the late 90's. Back then there were only a few shows in the whole state every year. Two in KC, one in springfield, one in columbia, I think two in st. louis area and the elk's show in chillicothe. That made the gun show quite an event because sometimes people saved up all year to go to one show. Lots of great deals on new guns, used guns, equipment, etc. We had a lot of shows in the early days that we would take 50 plus guns to a show and come home with none.
Now that gun show promotion has become big business there is at least one show somewhere every weekend with sometimes two or three. It is nothing special. There is no urgency to buy or sell, oh well, there is another show next week.
We have had tables at the Wannamaker show in Tulsa for over 20 years. That show is special! There are no tables of rubber band guns, vinyl siding, solar panels or scentsy. Your table has to have at least 90% gun/knife related stuff or you don't get a table. There are some tables that are display only but they are all gun/shooting displays. If you are looking for a gun or gun part no matter how obscure, there is about a 90% chance it will be on someone's table at Tulsa. We buy guns all year long just to take to that show. People come from all over the world to buy and sell at that show. It is unlike any gun show you have been to locally. It is worth the trip just to see it one time.

My dad and I started getting tables at gun shows in the late 90's. Back then there were only a few shows in the whole state every year. Two in KC, one in springfield, one in columbia, I think two in st. louis area and the elk's show in chillicothe. That made the gun show quite an event because sometimes people saved up all year to go to one show. Lots of great deals on new guns, used guns, equipment, etc. We had a lot of shows in the early days that we would take 50 plus guns to a show and come home with none.
Now that gun show promotion has become big business there is at least one show somewhere every weekend with sometimes two or three. It is nothing special. There is no urgency to buy or sell, oh well, there is another show next week.
We have had tables at the Wannamaker show in Tulsa for over 20 years. That show is special! There are no tables of rubber band guns, vinyl siding, solar panels or scentsy. Your table has to have at least 90% gun/knife related stuff or you don't get a table. There are some tables that are display only but they are all gun/shooting displays. If you are looking for a gun or gun part no matter how obscure, there is about a 90% chance it will be on someone's table at Tulsa. We buy guns all year long just to take to that show. People come from all over the world to buy and sell at that show. It is unlike any gun show you have been to locally. It is worth the trip just to see it one time.
certainly sounds like an event worth going to. Wife has been saying I need to get off the Farm.

All you gotta do is take lots of money with you! o_O
Cant take what you don't have and I'm a great window shopper

Besides that I get put on a "Hold" every time I buy a gun. I have no idea why and cant find out. Last time I tried it took 30 days Bass Pro would not let me have it till I got cleared. After 30 days they said try again and I told them to...well you can figure the rest out

Thanks for the insight and thats what I get for opening my mouth about a show I've never been to.

Question though.. as big as it is, what about if I needed a firing pin for a Savage 24J or something else particular like that? where would i start at a show that big to find it?

Gun shows are where you go to get ripped off and that’s about it. If you are looking for something very particular and you’re good and ready to pay WAY too much and you have to have it right now, the gun show MIGHT be where it’s at. The last gun show I went to, there were “scalpers” selling 30-30 shells for $6 a round.

I might never go to another gun show again.

Gun shows are where you go to get ripped off and that’s about it. If you are looking for something very particular and you’re good and ready to pay WAY too much and you have to have it right now, the gun show MIGHT be where it’s at. The last gun show I went to, there were “scalpers” selling 30-30 shells for $6 a round.

I might never go to another gun show again.
😄

I doubt many people would pay 6 bucks a round for 30-30 even if it were hard to come by.

They sell out, and as long as someone is willing to pay it we won’t see it on the shelf. Not for long.

Wow, guess there are some pretty desperate people out there at times.

I hate folks that gouge.

After I saw that I started buying every box of 170 grain 30-30 I could find under $40. Until I had a decent supply, enough to hunt for many years. I don’t shoot my 30-30 and I won’t sell my ammo for any price

21 - 40 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.