Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I added my recent acquisitions to my gun inventory. I keep a paper copy hidden, and I have a few copies stored on my computer. I also take picture of all my firearms and included thos in the inventory as well. For insurance purposes, and or if they ever get stolen. I still need to go thru and make a value list on all of them however. :cheers:

·
Registered
12,626 Posts
:2thumbsup: You may also check with your insurance agent and make sure you are covered on your firearms like you think you are. Many may be suprised to find out that they are not. I know we added to our policy to cover my wifes jewlery and my guns and bows. :02:

·
Strutt Buster
5,927 Posts
I just did all that this fall, and added an extra rider on my insur. Ck with your insu. provider, some maybe differant on coverage. My premium is based an dollar value, not how many guns I have, or any specific gun, which also includes assesories, like ammo, slings, optics, bow's, arrows, stuff like that, anything that is used for hunting (weapon wise). I still had to show proof of ownership tho, pic, and ser #'s.

·
Former Chicken Man
20,331 Posts
[rquote=1534962&tid=106943&author=MoBowman]:2thumbsup: You may also check with your insurance agent and make sure you are covered on your firearms like you think you are. Many may be suprised to find out that they are not. I know we added to our policy to cover my wifes jewlery and my guns and bows. :02:[/rquote]

My agent brought it up to me, but she's also a friend and knows that I hunt, carry etc. :woot:

·
Banned
81,616 Posts
I have not updated mine for awhile. I had an option to put a flat amount for my guns in case of theft or fire with the policy I have now. I suspect I should have an accurate list in case of anything short of a total loss. I bet the insurance company would start splitting hairs and make it almost impossible to collect if a total loss wasn't incurred. Good post,,you have made me think alittle.

:cheers::cheers:

·
Honey Badger Phat Sack
10,487 Posts
Once you hand over that list of serial numbers to your agent, big brother knows every gun you own......:wave:

Just kidding - a seperate rider is a good idea. Most homeowners policies only cover $2500 to $5K

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
with the cold weather and not much to do inside, the boys and i did just this and also took mailmans addvice and got pics witch i have been meaning to do for some time. took alittle time but got one safe done, it was almost like christmas as there was a few i forgot i even had. boys said well if you did not know you had them i think they are ours. i had to laugh and said some day they will be. thanks for the good thread.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.