Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
21 - 40 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
32,610 Posts
Just ordered the kids a Cricket CPR in Kryptec camo, 22lr.

They had a blast shooting one today
Air gun Shotgun Gun barrel Trigger Fashion accessory

Sent from my SM-G960U using Missouri Hunting mobile app

Reactions: vonfatman and Yahoo

·
Registered
814 Posts
I have also been looking at the Kimber 84M, but as I understand, they quit making those. I have always been partial to Browning and Winchester and would hop on an XPR if I could ever find one of their Cerakote models available but after several years looking I think I'd have better luck finding Jimmy Hoffa.
If you can find the Kimber Pro Hunter I don’t think you would regret it. Picked one up during Rona on sale and absolutely love it. No recoil with the factory muzzle brake and very light. https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/kim...on-rifle-with-truetimber-o2-octane-camo-stock

Reactions: doepee

·
Registered
814 Posts
Springfield M1A, Ruger Mini Thirty, Belgium Browning O/U, and an FAL are next on the wish list

·
Registered
749 Posts
How do you like your Cooper? Picked one up from a fellow member and have really enjoyed shooting it so far. Just recently worked up a load for 210 partitions with it and it shoots very well.
I've had a few of Coopers over the years, mostly M21's with a few M38's mixed in, they have all been great. This one is a M51 so it's a repeater with a 4rnd magazine. Funny thing is, it might as well be a single shot because it won't feed a single round from the magazine. The feed ramp is too steep!

Bought it second hand at an estate sale, called Cooper and told them as much, they said send it back and they will take a look. So I guess we'll have to wait and see how much I like it;). If they can get the feeding sorted out, I'm gonna re-barrel it to .17 Rem straight away. I've got enough .223's...

·
Registered
9,713 Posts
Haven't seen anything of interest lately. I lean heavily toward pre-war German rifles; Drillings, double rifles, combination guns, sporting Mausers and Mannlicher/Schoenauers. Or, British double rifles or singles. Have an itch for an Alexander Henry in something like the 375, 2 inch or a Gibbs Farquharson in something the 350 Gibbs but am having difficulty convincing myself to spend that much on a rifle again. Whatever it is it will have to be old and chambered for a cartridge that's rare.

Reactions: Bob58

·
Don't mind me
9,615 Posts
Mossberg msc1 9mm in excellent condition 2 mags case everything it came with new....fmk 9mm fde excellent condition and shooter 1 mag shot through it case papers...ar15 handguards mags 556 nickel boron bolt head only...grips bipods 1 bca ar15 lower...some 9mm hollow points...22 min and maxi mag...some vintage ammo 45 12 gauge 22 some others...if your interested in something shootnme a text....im looking for a canik tp9 sf...lever action rifles lower end 1911's and cash of course....

·
Registered
814 Posts
i would like an old german mauser....a real deal, not a counterfeit.
I have one I might sell, just needs some bluing. PM me if you’d like.

·
Trapper Groupie
7,728 Posts
Ruger # 1 is on my list,still undecided on the caliber

·
Registered
13,775 Posts
The only thing I can think of, would be a ramped .38 SUPER barrel for my 9mm Springfield RO, which are hard to find right now. I wanted a new SUPER when I bought the 9mm, but no one is making one I like right now, and 9mm IS easier to find. Swapping out the barrel and magazines, maybe some springs, maybe the extractor, and bingo, you have a Super.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I'm leaning hard towards a nice o/u or semi in a sub gauge. Dont bird hunt anymore tho...just find myself not wanting to shoot the 870's and 1100's I have anymore. Have all 5 gauges in both models. Sold my Benelli like an idiot a few years back and regret it, and sold all three Red Labels once cuz I had some house payments due and the danged mortgage company didnt wanna wait a few months for me to send them their $! Lol

·
Registered
9,713 Posts
A few days ago this one caught my eye. Momma cleared it for purchase and I believe I'll call the seller today and make an offer....maybe. First I have to decide between the rifle or a car lift. It's getting to be less and less fun working underneath cars up on jack stands. I enjoy the work, just not the position....lol

CARL TELCH 16 GAUGE AND 43 MAUSER CAPE GUN WITH SIDELOCKS AND REBOUNDING HAMMERS for sale (gunsinternational.com)

The engraving is very similar to that on my Thieme & Schlegelmilch drilling and it's on a Lefaucheux action as is my Goldmann double rifle. Difference being this combination gun has the added dolls head extension, which the Goldmann lacks. This one is pre 1891-93 proof law, qualifies as an antique and is a BP firearm. I have considerable experience with the 11.15 X 60R cartridge, often known as the 43 Mauser and have an abundance of 2 1/2 in., 16 bore ammo.

Reactions: Wibb

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
No picture of the action open. How does that under lever work?

·
Registered
9,713 Posts
The lever on the bottom of the forearm pushes to the right to open the action, rotating two lugs in the body of the action that correspond to two mortises in a lug on the bottom of the barrel. The action pulls the barrel set down tight on the water table. The dolls head extension helps to keep the action against the standing breech. The Jones Underlever was an improvement upon the LeFaucheux action in that the "key", as the forearm lever was known, was moved to beneath the trigger guard with a knob turned down. In addition to pulling the barrel flats down tight against the water table, it also cammed them rearward, tight against the standing breech. The Jones was capable of handling cartridges of considerably higher pressures than the LeFaucheux. The LeFaucheux dates from the 1830's as a pin fire and Henry Jones developed his action in the 1860's.

Here's a good picture of a Johann Outschar stalking rifle on a Jones underlever action. I thought I had a picture of my Goldmann on the LeFaucheux action but can't find it

Air gun Trigger Bicycle part Wood Gun barrel

The same rifle on top. Bottom is an unmarked German drilling on a Jones underlever.

Wood Grass Automotive exterior Twig Tints and shades

·
Registered
868 Posts
A few days ago this one caught my eye. Momma cleared it for purchase and I believe I'll call the seller today and make an offer....maybe. First I have to decide between the rifle or a car lift. It's getting to be less and less fun working underneath cars up on jack stands. I enjoy the work, just not the position....lol

CARL TELCH 16 GAUGE AND 43 MAUSER CAPE GUN WITH SIDELOCKS AND REBOUNDING HAMMERS for sale (gunsinternational.com)

The engraving is very similar to that on my Thieme & Schlegelmilch drilling and it's on a Lefaucheux action as is my Goldmann double rifle. Difference being this combination gun has the added dolls head extension, which the Goldmann lacks. This one is pre 1891-93 proof law, qualifies as an antique and is a BP firearm. I have considerable experience with the 11.15 X 60R cartridge, often known as the 43 Mauser and have an abundance of 2 1/2 in., 16 bore ammo.
Well, did you get it? It's a nice looking rifle and I know a guy who may have a bullet mold 😁

·
2,824 Posts
It seems like my last several collection purchases have all been Colt's. 1911 made in 1917, SAA from 1892, 3rd gen SAA, 2nd gen SAA, colt Cowboy, 1978 ACE and a 1972 targetsman. Dealing with a guy on a pair of SAA bisleys but we haven't got together yet. Since I had the auction a few years ago and sold 140 guns I am now more selective in my collecting.

·
Under appreciated
90,808 Posts
I was kinda pleased to add a 450 bushmaster caliber-wise for certain situations but that seems pretty meek compared to some of you guys that are collectors.

Good thread!

21 - 40 of 87 Posts