Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
32,178 Posts
Just ordered the kids a Cricket CPR in Kryptec camo, 22lr.

They had a blast shooting one today
crickett-cpr-complete-kryptek-camo-with-scope-package-blued-bolt-action-rifle-22-long-rifle-16...jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Missouri Hunting mobile app

Reactions: vonfatman and Yahoo

·
Registered
575 Posts
I have also been looking at the Kimber 84M, but as I understand, they quit making those. I have always been partial to Browning and Winchester and would hop on an XPR if I could ever find one of their Cerakote models available but after several years looking I think I'd have better luck finding Jimmy Hoffa.
If you can find the Kimber Pro Hunter I don’t think you would regret it. Picked one up during Rona on sale and absolutely love it. No recoil with the factory muzzle brake and very light. https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/kim...on-rifle-with-truetimber-o2-octane-camo-stock

Reactions: doepee

·
Registered
575 Posts
Springfield M1A, Ruger Mini Thirty, Belgium Browning O/U, and an FAL are next on the wish list

·
Registered
618 Posts
How do you like your Cooper? Picked one up from a fellow member and have really enjoyed shooting it so far. Just recently worked up a load for 210 partitions with it and it shoots very well.
I've had a few of Coopers over the years, mostly M21's with a few M38's mixed in, they have all been great. This one is a M51 so it's a repeater with a 4rnd magazine. Funny thing is, it might as well be a single shot because it won't feed a single round from the magazine. The feed ramp is too steep!

Bought it second hand at an estate sale, called Cooper and told them as much, they said send it back and they will take a look. So I guess we'll have to wait and see how much I like it;). If they can get the feeding sorted out, I'm gonna re-barrel it to .17 Rem straight away. I've got enough .223's...

·
Registered
9,644 Posts
Haven't seen anything of interest lately. I lean heavily toward pre-war German rifles; Drillings, double rifles, combination guns, sporting Mausers and Mannlicher/Schoenauers. Or, British double rifles or singles. Have an itch for an Alexander Henry in something like the 375, 2 inch or a Gibbs Farquharson in something the 350 Gibbs but am having difficulty convincing myself to spend that much on a rifle again. Whatever it is it will have to be old and chambered for a cartridge that's rare.

·
1,980 Posts
I wouldn't mind adding a couple AR10's in a 6mm of some type, and a new lightweight 20 gas operated semi.

·
Don't mind me
9,314 Posts
Mossberg msc1 9mm in excellent condition 2 mags case everything it came with new....fmk 9mm fde excellent condition and shooter 1 mag shot through it case papers...ar15 handguards mags 556 nickel boron bolt head only...grips bipods 1 bca ar15 lower...some 9mm hollow points...22 min and maxi mag...some vintage ammo 45 12 gauge 22 some others...if your interested in something shootnme a text....im looking for a canik tp9 sf...lever action rifles lower end 1911's and cash of course....

·
Registered
575 Posts
i would like an old german mauser....a real deal, not a counterfeit.
I have one I might sell, just needs some bluing. PM me if you’d like.

·
Trapper Groupie
7,706 Posts
Ruger # 1 is on my list,still undecided on the caliber

·
Registered
13,696 Posts
The only thing I can think of, would be a ramped .38 SUPER barrel for my 9mm Springfield RO, which are hard to find right now. I wanted a new SUPER when I bought the 9mm, but no one is making one I like right now, and 9mm IS easier to find. Swapping out the barrel and magazines, maybe some springs, maybe the extractor, and bingo, you have a Super.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I'm leaning hard towards a nice o/u or semi in a sub gauge. Dont bird hunt anymore tho...just find myself not wanting to shoot the 870's and 1100's I have anymore. Have all 5 gauges in both models. Sold my Benelli like an idiot a few years back and regret it, and sold all three Red Labels once cuz I had some house payments due and the danged mortgage company didnt wanna wait a few months for me to send them their $! Lol

21 - 33 of 33 Posts