Guided white bass fishing on Table Rock Lake

Discussion in 'Member Donated Hunts' started by hustler, May 22, 2005.

1. hustler

hustler New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    St. Peters
    My family and I will be down on Table Rock lake June 11th to the 19th for vacation. I talked with MrB and was giving permission to offer a guided white bass fishing trip for one day during that time frame. I would say from the 12th on, except for the 13th. That is our wedding anniversary day.

This will be an auction to the highest bidder. Money will be used/donated to MWT to help out with the disabled hunts, etc. I will have everything needed other then your food and drinks for the day. If you want to use your own pole, you can. Just make sure they are good enough are you might break them. My family have been going down there for a few years now just for white bass fishing and we have done very well. Even been able to get a few smallmouths and spots in the 4lb+ as a bonus. My wife and I have both landed 5lb+ white bass. We both have caught Missouri record white bass and didn't know it at the time. I don't promise anything other they we will fish and have a great time for one day and you will catch some fish. How many is anyones guess. This time of the year, the fish are usually deep and will will be trolling a 2 lure rig set up I came up with. It will not be uncommon for both fishing people to catch 2 fish each at the same time. If the fish are busting shad, we will fish for them by casting into them also.

What you get is 1 day of fishing until we get our limits. After that, if you want to blackbass fish, we can do that, or go for a boat ride. I will supply poles and tackle if needed, boat & gas, and will clean all fish caught. Winning bidder will get to choose the day He/She wants to fish. Wife and kids will go into Branson that day so I will have the whole day to myself.

Lets start the bidding @ $50.

2. countryborn

countryborn New Member

Jul 17, 2003
    50 bucks it is to start it sounds like a lot of fun

3. hustler

hustler New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    St. Peters
    Great to see it getting started already. Here is a pic of 18 caught during one morning trip. 2 were around 1 1/2#, a smallmouth around 2 1/2#'s and the others went from 3#'s to 5#'s.

4. countryborn

countryborn New Member

Jul 17, 2003
    nice lookin bunch :smiley:

5. mrb

mrb New Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Moberly, Mo
    Oh yeah......... It's what's for dinner.......... A few hushpuppies, some cole slaw and a brew.......... Man I need a nap......... :cheers::cheers::rotfl::rotfl:

All BS aside... Thanks so much for the donation Hustler...... It is greatly apprecaited........:cheers::cheers::cheers:

6. hustler

hustler New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    St. Peters
    I forgot to add, the auction will end on June 8th @ 6:00pm

7. Hoytshooter

Hoytshooter Active Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    Can't beat the white bass fishing for a good day on a lake. Last year my dad and I caught 49 white bass from 2 to 4 lbs in about an hour and a half. We found them along a big stretch of rocks and it was nearly every cast. One of the best days on the water in a few years as far as fun. Those little suckers can fight! Sounds like a great trip!

8. mrb

mrb New Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Moberly, Mo
    Don't miss out of this quality fishing trip guys......... Troy has wanted to do something for the disabled hunts for some time. Let's don't let this post get lost or overlooked........ :cheers::cheers:

9. membergone

membergone New Member

Jan 17, 2004
    Bump for a good cause!
    I'll be glad to provide a reference here. This guy can fish!:cheers:

Don't let the opportunity to sit in the boat and watch him catch all the fish pass you by!:hysterical: (That was a self-deprecating inside joke by the way!)

10. How many people can tag along Hustler??? Sounds like alot of fun and wish I could bid on it but we'll be leaving for Cooperstown, Ny that week. Good luck.

swmo

11. hustler

hustler New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    St. Peters
    SWMO,
    I would say only 2 that can fish. If I can find them busting shad, then we could have 3 or 4, but I have found in June, its better looking for the ones that are deep in the main lake. They are the bigger ones and fight much better. I am really only set up this way for 2 people fishing. I need to by pole holders and planner boards to use more poles. Even with just two poles out there, they do seem to get tangled up sometimes when you have 2 fish on each pole, at the same time which happens a lot. It gets very crazy out there. I guess, if 2 people wanted to do this, I can just control the boat and net the fish and the others can fish. That is an Ideal.

Now if we get more people interested in this, I could talk with the resort owner, where we are staying, and see about using his pontoon boat. If needed, I can check on planner boards and buy a few if needed.

I could also if needed have a second auction for another day or 1/2 day trip if we need to. I just want to try and help out in raising some money for this site. There isn't much I can do anymore, but I am able to sit and fish.

12. hustler

hustler New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    St. Peters
    By the way, I will be staying @ Shore Acress on Hwy DD. Its between Kimberly City and Indian Point. I can pick up the winner just about anyplace on the lake.

13. My thinking was more for my two boys but I'd tag along of course not so much fishing but just relaxin' ;). The only day I might be able to do it would be the 14th but I get off work at 7am and then were leaving for New York on the 15th for the boys baseball tournament.

14. hustler

hustler New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    St. Peters
    SWMO,
    That might work out. We could put them on the front and back deck and we can sit in the floor seats. How old are they? If we do the trolling, the bites could be hard to feel. sometimes it just feels like the line got a little heavy and if you don't set the hook then, they let go. Also, do you think they would be able to reel them it? There has been times that I had to take the pole from my wife because she got to tired trying to get them in.

15. There 10 but their fishing machines as long as there's action.

16. hustler

hustler New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    St. Peters
    If you want to bid on this and you win, we will make it work. I am sure we can help them if they need help.

17. May just do that but will have to hold off for now and see what the schedule looks like next week.

swmo

18. hustler

hustler New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    St. Peters
    TTT
    Come on guys, this will be fun and for a great cause.

19. deer_slayer

deer_slayer New Member

Aug 1, 2003
    High Ridge, MO
  20. mrb

mrb New Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Moberly, Mo
    Thanks Deer Slayer........ :cheers::cheers: