Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
9,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I met up with Pastor for a weekend Mens Ministry and we decided we could spend a day trout fishing the park on Friday before we departed from Lebanon for the weekend. Little did I know I was going to be treated to a guided fishing trip.
Let's just say our very own Pastor might know a thing or three about catching some trout.
I did think he was showing off a tad much when he stood motionless for a second kinda like a bird dog on point, then announced he saw a fish he wanted to catch, said he would be right back, walked to his truck, reappeared with his spinning rod, and on the first cast, reeled in the biggest fish in the pool, and then released it.
I lost count of how many we caught. He convinced me to keep the smaller ones as eaters. The rest of the weekend was pretty awesome as well!
Terrestrial animal Grass Plant Animal feed Tail

· Lunch break commander
8,801 Posts
Was definitely a fantastic day fishing followed by an incredible weekend. Nothing like getting recharged. Besides, I believe God was partial to fishermen:D

· Registered
21,443 Posts
I met up with Pastor for a weekend Mens Ministry and we decided we could spend a day trout fishing the park on Friday before we departed from Lebanon for the weekend. Little did I know I was going to be treated to a guided fishing trip.
Let's just say our very own Pastor might know a thing or three about catching some trout.
I did think he was showing off a tad much when he stood motionless for a second kinda like a bird dog on point, then announced he saw a fish he wanted to catch, said he would be right back, walked to his truck, reappeared with his spinning rod, and on the first cast, reeled in the biggest fish in the pool, and then released it.
I lost count of how many we caught. He convinced me to keep the smaller ones as eaters. The rest of the weekend was pretty awesome as well! View attachment 130139
Looks like fun, but weren't you supposed to be in turkey hunting with your brother in Texas ? ;)

· King of Callaway
43,375 Posts
You would think. He says its gonna happen next year. Come to think of it, that's what he said last year.:thinking:
He has a tad bit of sadistic in him.:D
More than a tad based on the pics he sent, getting reports it's heating up here, won't be out to scout till Monday.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.