Guesstimate on taxes

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by JrNation88, May 31, 2009.

1. JrNation88

JrNation88 Active Member

Jan 2, 2009
    BOCO
    an unusual off topic question but I need some help. While in college and the Army, my parents took care of my property tax on my truck but now that I am 'on my own' I am trying to get an idea of what I will have to pay. So maybe you could give me an idea of what you paid on a similar vehicle to give me a rough idea.

2003 Silverado 1500HD with a valuation of 5900 according to Assessor.

if you want to keep it private you can u2u me

2. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

That all varies alot county to county and school district to school district. Unless you can find someone familiar with your county and district most of us won't be much help.

:cheers::cheers:

3. JrNation88

JrNation88 Active Member

Jan 2, 2009
    BOCO
    i figured so but i was hoping for a very rough estimate....under 200, under 300, etc.....
    its a small rural community in SE missouri so our tax rates are not that high.

4. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

[rquote=1281339&tid=89661&author=stlstudent]i figured so but i was hoping for a very rough estimate....under 200, under 300, etc.....
    its a small rural community in SE missouri so our tax rates are not that high.[/rquote]

Sometimes those smaller school districts can be brutal on tax rates since their are fewer people paying the bills. I wouldn't even begin to guess.

:cheers::cheers:

5. winger

winger Active Member

Oct 24, 2003
    just thank the good Lord you are not in Jasper County. seems stuff is made of gold around here. last property tax i got on my house and few acres i took it in and told them to write the check, it was sold. needless to say they didn't really think it was worth that, they were just hoping I would. funny how spending 300 on an apprasal will back the county off ya for a year or two. only 30 grand worth of difference. thieves.

6. htredneck

htredneck Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Cass County, MO
    Be real glad you are not in Cass County - they think this is Johnson County, KS.
    Ask your folks what you paid last year and just use that as your guide

7. Skduckhunt

Skduckhunt Senior Member

Dec 29, 2002
    St. Charles, Mo
    somebody has the tax bill from last year....