GTOHunters Journal & Mis-Adventures

Discussion in 'Member Hunting Journals' started by GTOHunter, Jan 4, 2015.

1. GTOHunter

GTOHunter Well-Known Member

Been slow going on the Shooting House,Rifle Deer Season interrupted any advancement plus I didn't want to box it in right before the Season and scare off any potential Bucks with a brand new Box Blind popping up.The bare frame's been up for a good while and with it Camo-ed up it hasn't boogered the Deer away....as a matter of a fact I shot my 9-Point Buck about 35 yards from this Box Blind while up-hill in the woods at 60-70 yards away with it in view.
    Any ways I put up some wood runners for the Roof...gonna put some Styrofoam insulation sheets on the Roof and start with the walls and outter siding soon.

Attached Files:

2. GTOHunter

Above picture sideways.....Grrrrr!

Maybe this pic is right side up?

Attached Files:

3. GTOHunter

Did some work on the Elevated Box Blind today,put the insulation on the Roof and cut the corrugated tin for the Roof.I put 1 sheet down on the Roof and cut notches to fit...going to start screwing them down Friday morning and at least have protection from the weather til I start on the sides!

Attached Files:

4. BC-Buck

BC-Buck Active Member

Feb 2, 2014
    Pike Co Mo
    Will be fallowing your build. Im waiting till Spring to start a new portable blind build. Starting too look forward to Jan 15 so I can pull out the old Foxpro and .223. You kill any coyotes yet?

5. GTOHunter

I have the .22 Hornet in the back of the Artic Cat Prowler and a .22 Buckmark Contour handgun in case a Coyote shows up...been getting a Mangy Coyote on my trail camera in the same bottom Fields my stand is in.Yesterday I was getting the tin out of the Barn and a Coyote was Barking early just tormenting Me! Grrrrrrrr....I'm always in Coyote Mode!

Attached Files:

6. Woods

Woods Cooyon, Back from NOLA

Get that box stand finished, i want to hunt out of it next year. :)

7. GTOHunter

Wore out....worked like a Dog all day long planting Food Plots.Went with Corn,Milo and Sunflowers through out 8 Food Plots...the last Food Plot was just Corn.

I went around all the edges with the Milo,ran Sunflowers down the middle and a few feet from the Milo then the BIL broadcasted Corn thru the open centers with a larger seeder and We put down some fertilizer too! :bowing:

Attached Files:

8. Woods

Woods Cooyon, Back from NOLA

Those plots get rained on today?

9. GTOHunter

Yeah Joe....getting a nice slow rain the last couple of hours,perfect timing for once! :bowing: :wave:

Attached Files:

10. GTOHunter

Most of the Food Plots have been doing really good...it seems those in the bottom Fields have been doing the best with the richer soil and cooler temps and morning dew.The Sunflowers are doing very good and are the tallest out of the food plots in the upper Ridge Field several have started to open up showing their impressive beauty.

Attached Files:

11. GTOHunter

Drove around each Food Plot this evening cutting out a few weeds and those dark green sticky plants....stopped at the Plot by my 2-man ladder stand and saw some nice free growing Turnips that carried over from last year so I picked 4 nice ones to share with the Guys at work monday. :bowing:

Attached Files:

12. GTOHunter

The Sunflowers are doing great this year...best plot is in the first bottom field.

Attached Files: