GTOHunters Journal & Mis-Adventures

Discussion in 'Member Hunting Journals' started by GTOHunter, Jan 4, 2015.

1. radioactive

radioactive Active Hunter

Jan 25, 2012
    I sure wish we lived closer together so we could chase yotes together. I was planning a trip up the hill behind the house, but the wind is just too strong this afternoon to do any good calling. Lots of widowmakers up there too.

2. GTOHunter

GTOHunter Well-Known Member

Been planting our Food Plots lately....disc-ed several up a couple of times early Spring but was waiting til late April to put the stuff in We wanted to carry til later in the year hopefully.Put several in Corn & Soybeans,then some with a little Corn,Milo and sunflowers...them did around 5 in a mixture of Sunflowers,Turnips,Raddishes,Milo on the edges and even some clover.So far We hit it perfectly with warm weather and plenty of rain. ;)

Attached Files:

3. GTOHunter

Sunflowers in the middle.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 14, 2016
  4. BC-Buck

BC-Buck Active Member

Feb 2, 2014
    Pike Co Mo
    Are you the same GTO Hunter on Foxpro?

5. GTOHunter

Yeah BC-Buck.....!

Sitting in 1 of my stands in a Pine Tree over looking a few more food plots while Coyote Hunting with my Browning A-bolt Micro Hunter .22 Hornet.

Attached Files:

6. GTOHunter

Hauling the Metal Rack Box Blind down to the bottom field....pulling it on my Car Trailer with the Kubota Tractor.

Attached Files:

7. GTOHunter

Setting it up on its side....gotta decide exactly where to position each brace for the Roof and Floor before standing it up?I just put a few braces in to keep it up-right and together.

Attached Files:

8. GTOHunter

July/August picture! :bowing:

Attached Files:

9. GTOHunter

Another close up

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
  10. GTOHunter

Started putting the braces together on my metal rack aka future elevated Blind.

Attached Files:

11. GTOHunter

Got all the needed braces on the Rack,now to add extra bolts to keep it from separating then I'm going to need 4-6 good Friends or a nice long rope and the Tractor to raise it upright and start adding the floor,walls and finally the siding and ladder.

Attached Files:

12. GTOHunter

My West-ward view once this Shooting House is upright and finished.....only about 15-18 feet higher.The East-ward view will be thru a small line of trees over a small Creek bed looking towards the Milo/Sunflower Plot!

Attached Files:

13. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

The uprights you have work good for an elevated blind. I helped a neighbor put his up made out of that stuff.

The last picture makes me dizzy. :D

14. GTOHunter

I don't why some of the photos are upside down or sideways? :shrug:

Thanks Henry....I'm going to try an get it all put together and ready for Rifle Deer Season,at worst I could just put the floor on it and tie down a ground blind up there? :eek: ;)

15. GTOHunter

Had fun raising up the stand/racks.....as usual no help to be found out in the middle of nowhere so the Wife and Me improvised.I borrowed a very long nylon rope,bought a Pulley and some straps.I wrapped the rope around a rock and after about 10 throws chucked it up and over a fork in a tall tree then tied the rope off to the top brace,hooked the Pulley up and ran the rope across the creek bed to the Wife in the UTV on the other side where She pulled forward raising the new box blind vertical. :bowing:

Even tho the picture is horizontal...? :mad:

Attached Files:

16. GTOHunter

Maybe this 1 is up-right!

Attached Files:

17. GTOHunter

Ratcheting the Shooting Blind to a couple of trees til I get the floors on and it anchord more solid to the ground.

Attached Files:

18. GTOHunter

Sure wish My Old Hunting Buddy "Woods" was here...He was always helping Me out on putting up Stands! ;)

Attached Files:

19. GTOHunter

Hard to see the top brace but there's 3 pairs of braces,the bottom which I may put a floor on,then the middle where the main floor/house will be built about 12-15 ft off the ground then the top 3rd braces will be the roof top.

Attached Files:

20. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

Looks like it's coming along nicely. Comfort is not overrated.