GTOHunters Journal & Mis-Adventures

Discussion in 'Member Hunting Journals' started by GTOHunter, Jan 4, 2015.

1. GTOHunter

GTOHunter Well-Known Member

Figured I'm going to stay here awhile after over 5,000 Replies and Not being Banned once during those times I must be good at hiding or slipping thru the microscope! ;)

What to post first? :thinking:

Coyote/Predator Hunting has consumed my time and passion over Deer Hunting to say the least so it will fill the void and keep me out of trouble during the Off-Season when Deer Hunting takes a back seat!

2. GTOHunter

Last Years Shed Finds while pursuing Predators!

Attached Files:

3. archer66

archer66 5 shots 1 kill

Jun 21, 2008
    You've enjoyed making fun of some of my misadventures...and I've always gotten a kick out of it....

Does this mean you're going to keep a journal this year??

4. GTOHunter

Other side about 45-50 yards from the other shed!

Attached Files:

5. GTOHunter

Yeah Archer66.....finally figured out pic posting that's why I never had as much enjoyment sharing my Escapades with Joe aka Woods and my Coyote Hunting Buddy Dave!Look out....lots of interesting pics to follow! :bowing:

6. GTOHunter

Single 4-Point Side.....chewed on pretty good!

Most of these Sheds were barely sticking out from under the leaves,luck and slow walking while constantly looking down was the key to finding them...& dumb Luck helps! ;)

Attached Files:

7. archer66

archer66 5 shots 1 kill

Jun 21, 2008
    Cool.....pic posting is easy and pics make a thread better ALMOST every time.

8. radioactive

radioactive Active Hunter

Jan 25, 2012
    glad you are hangin' around:wave: RJM and I have to have someone to pick on about predator hunting.
    I have mixed feelings about the end of archery deer season this year. I never hunted 'em with a pointy stick before and really like it so far. wanting to put a second one in the freezer to help flavor the tag soup I'm making with my FA tags:eek:
    I plan on hitting a few spots later this month and trying to thin the yote population a bit. I also know where there is at least one kitty I want to get a crack at

9. GTOHunter

Nothing spectacular but worth of bragging on since it was buried under tons of leaves!

Attached Files:

10. GTOHunter

Your doing pretty good with that Crossbow Radio.....I kinda gave up on getting me an Archery Deer this year,should have shot at those 2 Does in Sept but was waiting on this to pass by! :eek:

Attached Files:

11. GTOHunter

Another pic.......!

Attached Files:

12. radioactive

Jan 25, 2012
    thanks. it's a learning experience for sure when one is used to rifle hunting! I used to didn't get the shakes until after I shot one with the rifle. I have found that setting still until one works it's way to within 20-30 yards of you can induce a thrill or three, especially on the ground:D
    never had to watch one for 30 minutes or more with the 7 mag. If it hit a small opening anywhere out to 300 yards, it was meat in the freezer. It was usually less than a minute from spotting one until the meatmaker put it down, so never experienced the thrill of waiting, and waiting, and waiting.:eek:

13. GTOHunter

Past Bucks of 2012....did they make it thru the year,Ghost Bucks or have they returned?

I call this Guy the Alien Buck since it's Antlers turn inwards on each side like the Host Alien that would wrap it's tail around the Humans neck and plant the seed inside it's victim! :thinking:

Attached Files:

14. GTOHunter

Alien Buck again!

Attached Files:

15. radioactive

Jan 25, 2012
    almost looks like like he is giving you a "salute" with that one antler :whistle::D

16. GTOHunter

Alien Buck side shot!

Attached Files:

17. GTOHunter

Another 2012 Buck.....never did see Him in person but got a few more really impressive pic about 400-500 yards from my ladder stand in our food plot.Im trying to find those pic on an old SD card I have or CD?

Attached Files:

18. GTOHunter

Another pic of Him walking off!

Attached Files:

19. archer66

archer66 5 shots 1 kill

Jun 21, 2008
  20. GTOHunter

I have several Years of pic's of this Buck I called Mr. Crabby Claws....thinking 2009-2012?

Attached Files: