Grunted in three bucks tonight with the ol vector

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by buckwacker181, Nov 5, 2010.

1. buckwacker181

buckwacker181 # of bans record holder

Oct 9, 2006
    Catawussy
    It's safe to say that the vector is the only grunt tube that is loud enough to Pearce the winds like we had tonight. I got settles in at about 4 o'clock and hit the vector soon after. No more than 5 minutes later, I look to my right and see a buck coming my way. Looked to be a decent 8 pointer. So he slowly creeps closer but is making a circle down wind of me. So I get into position to maybe take a shot. Hadn't decided if he was a shooter or not yet. So I'm watching him make his way behind me and hear foot steps in front of me. Shooter 9 pointer that I have on camera. So now I've got to turn around and not get busted by either buck. As I finally get in position to draw back; the first buck makes it down wind of me and blows something god awful. I think every deer in the county could have heard it. Both bucks take off. So right before dark I rattle and hit the vector again. 5 minutes later another buck is heading right me. Gets ten yards away and I draw back on him. Thought he was a bit bigger and decide not to take the shot. The vector works. That is 3 times as many bucks as I have called in in the past.

2. peanut1

peanut1 Active Member

Oct 3, 2007
    ofallon
    Mine is in the mail I can't wait:bowing:

3. Ridealong

Ridealong Active Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Smithville
    hope mine works as good as yours did!!