GRP

Discussion in 'Deer Management, Habitat & Conservation' started by rat, May 28, 2009.

1. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Anybody ever enroll ground in GRP through the NRCS?

2. knockemdeadd

knockemdeadd Active Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
    [rquote=1278115&tid=89441&author=rat]Anybody ever enroll ground in GRP through the NRCS?[/rquote]

you sound like a postal worker....all the acronyms:roll2:

3. letemgrow

letemgrow Well-Known Member

4. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    [rquote=1278119&tid=89441&author=letemgrow]What is GRP???[/rquote]

Just another TLA.

5. callaojoe

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    Grassland Reserve Program.

GRP <<== Link

Just in case someone wants to accuse me of only being a smart alec, figured I may as well provide some good info too.....:D

6. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
  7. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    CJ has the link thanks for that.

Curious if anyone has ever or is currently enrolled.

8. callaojoe

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    [rquote=1278128&tid=89441&author=rat]CJ has the link thanks for that.

Curious if anyone has ever or is currently enrolled.[/rquote]

Too much paperwork, and I don't own enough land to sign up for stuff like that.... But, I do love me some grass.....land..:D

9. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    40 acres/10 year minimum enrollment from what I gather.
    Lifetime enrollment as well. :eek:

10. letemgrow

[rquote=1278137&tid=89441&author=rat]40 acres/10 year minimum enrollment from what I gather.
    Lifetime enrollment as well. :eek:[/rquote]

Hmmm...I have 40 acres of beans that I am going to put back into better grasses when I seed it down. I just may have to do the 10 year deal and get cost share to put it the NWSG I was going to buy anyways. A rotational grazing system was the plan anyways.

11. farmnhunt

farmnhunt Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2006
    Lebanon
    I considered enrolling but in my county the rate is $8.50/ acre. Just not enough to worry about the rules and forego possible future cost share programs. Acres under a GRP contracts are usually not eligible for SWCD or EQIP cost share programs.

12. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    [rquote=1278369&tid=89441&author=farmnhunt] I considered enrolling but in my county the rate is $8.50/ acre. Just not enough to worry about the rules and forego possible future cost share programs. Acres under a GRP contracts are usually not eligible for SWCD or EQIP cost share programs.[/rquote]
    Correct and CRP contracts will have to end the year you apply for GRP or you will be ineligible until they do.
    Just wondering if anyone is enrolled now.

13. letemgrow

[rquote=1278369&tid=89441&author=farmnhunt] I considered enrolling but in my county the rate is $8.50/ acre. [/rquote]

that's for sure 8.50 is not enough to mess with all the rules and regs.

14. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    [rquote=1278484&tid=89441&author=letemgrow][rquote=1278369&tid=89441&author=farmnhunt] I considered enrolling but in my county the rate is $8.50/ acre. [/rquote]

that's for sure 8.50 is not enough to mess with all the rules and regs.[/rquote]
    The rate in Mercer county is 16.00. Some folks that sign up for life will get on the order of $7-800.00 per acre, more or less depending on the fair market value of the land in question.
    Might be good for someone up in years that doesnt run cattle anymore...
    Course, lifetime "easment" basically is quite a committment.