Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

Grinder shot craps! Which one to get ?

1K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Muleskinner 
#1 ·
I was looking at Cabelas #32 size grinder or one at L.E.M. Has anybody had either one of these?

#6 ·
I have the Cabel's 1 HP #22. Just did two Deer & I can testify it works great. Got my grinder last week was on sale $399.99 reg. $499.99 Tax & Shipping Total was $432.99. I think its about 65 pounds UPS driver says I'm trying to kill him! Been wanting a commercial-Grade grinder for a long time. I just can't say enough about this machine its :eek:: easy to clean & operate. :2thumbsup::2thumbsup: :thinking:Next year maybe some of those attachments for the grinder.

#7 ·
Mule, since I was a kid we always ground several deer each season with a manual grinder. Every single year we talked about getting an electric but never could let go of 300-500 bucks for one. I did a LOT of research last year and found this one on ebay. This link is to the same grinder I bought and even from the same guy. I've ground up several deer with it and it never has hesitated. It has all the attatchments for sausage and stuff as well. If you do an ebay search, you will see this grinder griding up whole chicken bones. I mean no disrespect to the guys who bought the ones from Cabelas, they are certainly great grinders. However, I've seen both in action and I can't see one thing that the Cabela's grinder will do that this one won't. 1800W does convert to 2.4 horsepower. To me, you'd spend $500 for the same in Cabelas. I ain't no math teacher (well actually I am), and you could buy THREE of these for the same price as one of Cabelas with money to spare. It also comes with a one year guarantee. If you read through the page you will find the guy guides hunts in NEMO and this store is in Nebraska.
Totally up to you what you do, I just thought I'd tell you what I found out last year! Good luck!

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-SPEED-TURBOFO...all_Kitchen_Appliances_US?hash=item35a45dbf9b

#8 ·
One thing I would add is the Cabelas/LEM grinders are commercial grade and as such have more realistic hp ratings. You will notice that Cabelas/LEM grinders don't come bigger than 1.5 hp. That is a true rating since it's not possible to get 1800 watts or 2.4 hp from a typical 15 amp residential outlet due to efficiency losses. So I tend to question any electrical device that has inflated output ratings. I'm not saying these grinders aren't any good but be advised about their true performance.

#9 ·
Osage, i totally agree with you. and so does the seller of that grinder. he has everything you just said right there on the product site.
"So I tend to question any electrical device that has inflated output ratings." So do I, but when they come right out and tell you that in the product description, I'm not quite so worried. Especially when I purchased it and it chews through meat like there's no tomorrow.

#11 ·
I have access to both a 1hp and 1 1/2hp Cabela's grinders....We ground 2 bufflers up in a couple hours time with that 1hp model....and the meat was half frozen.

I have ground hard frozen deer meat already chunked up in the 1 1/2hp model....spend the extra and get the big one!!!:wave:

#12 ·
[rquote=1486069&tid=103734&author=FiremanBrad]I have access to both a 1hp and 1 1/2hp Cabela's grinders....We ground 2 bufflers up in a couple hours time with that 1hp model....and the meat was half frozen.

I have ground hard frozen deer meat already chunked up in the 1 1/2hp model....spend the extra and get the big one!!!:wave:[/rquote]
Heck you might as well go with the 1 3/4 hp model then. It's a beast!

#13 ·
[rquote=1486083&tid=103734&author=venatic][rquote=1486069&tid=103734&author=FiremanBrad]I have access to both a 1hp and 1 1/2hp Cabela's grinders....We ground 2 bufflers up in a couple hours time with that 1hp model....and the meat was half frozen.

I have ground hard frozen deer meat already chunked up in the 1 1/2hp model....spend the extra and get the big one!!!:wave:[/rquote]
Heck you might as well go with the 1 3/4 hp model then. It's a beast![/rquote]

We started to!!! 5 of us split that 1 1/2hp, if we'da had a 6th!!!!lol Good grinders, worth the money, IMO!!!:cheers::wave:

#14 ·
Doesn't make sense to pay high dollar to grind up two or three deer a year. Northern Tools sells a grinder that has plenty of power and costs less than $100. I have had one for about 8 years and it has performed very well. Suggest you take a look before you jump. I think several guys on the forum use this grinder.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.