Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

· Registered
1,259 Posts
Seth.........the draw is 16 to 19 inch crappie rather than 11 to 13 inch loz dinks..... 3+ pounders rather than 1 pounders

But a long way to go just for eating fish. Heck can catch a bunch of bluegill in the pond just as tasty as a 4 pound crappie.

· Registered
9,785 Posts
Unless something has changed you are not allowed to drink on the big 3. It’s my understanding they are a little more lax in the summer time. We’ve been checking a few times and they always dig around the boat and coolers looking.
Idk they was never checked but also they don’t flaunt it either. It’s illegal to drink on all public waters in LA and MS far as I know,but everybody does it long as they have a responsible person driving boat. Unfortunately some knuckleheads down here drink all day at bars on the water and then go drive speed boats all over an hurt people when they have poker runs which is foolish

· Registered
4,740 Posts
How does that fishery sustain itself with the high harvest and pressure that it gets?

· Registered
2,586 Posts
Not fished Grenada but have fished the other 3. Caught my largest on Arkabutla. Wife caught another over 3 on Sardis.

· Registered
1,560 Posts
I've had a guide on Enid, Sardis and Grenada! Every time had fish over 2lbs, fished Grenada in Nov one time and the guide said if this was March we had at least 5 that would have been over 3lbs. I haven't been down there in a couple years, but would Love to get down there again!

· Registered
2,586 Posts
No doubt if you wish to catch a big one March is the ticket. I caught a big one in July. I grew up fishing Enid a couple times a year. It's fun just thinking about those monsters.

· Registered
13,462 Posts
Biggest tournament of the year is healed there. Last two years wining stringer was over 4LB average. On my bucket list when I retire and hope next year.
3lbs. There were only a few over 4lbs brought in. Not that a 3lbs average takes away from how crazy that number is. Very few people will catch a 3 pound crappie once let alone average it over 14 fish for two days.

· Registered
13,462 Posts
Seth.........the draw is 16 to 19 inch crappie rather than 11 to 13 inch loz dinks..... 3+ pounders rather than 1 pounders

But a long way to go just for eating fish. Heck can catch a bunch of bluegill in the pond just as tasty as a 4 pound crappie.
I understand the draw. To me, I just can't see spending the money to go down there when I can hammer crappie in my home state that will taste as good or better. Give me 10-12" for the fryer over anything over 12" any day! If I'm going to travel to catch fish, it'll likely be for something I can't catch here in MO. If I wanted to catch a slab here in MO, I'd be heading to Truman. They won't be Mississippi crappie, but there are 3+ pounders caught there every year.

· Registered
1,617 Posts
3lbs. There were only a few over 4lbs brought in. Not that a 3lbs average takes away from how crazy that number is. Very few people will catch a 3 pound crappie once let alone average it over 14 fish for two days.
Sorry, been a while cense I had read article. Fourteen fish first place = 44.71LB making average 3.19LB. Four fish checked from 4.03 to biggest at 4.26LB. Top seven teams had over 40LB in 14 fish. Only fact I had correct was its on my bucket list.

· Registered
1,617 Posts
Sorry, been a while cense I had read article. Fourteen fish first place = 44.71LB making average 3.19LB. Four fish checked from 4.03 to biggest at 4.26LB. Top seven teams had over 40LB in 14 fish. Only fact I had correct was its on my bucket list.
Same Crappie Masters 2022 Truman MO results. First place team 24.53 fourteen fish and big fish 2.8LB. I love Truman but Granada is still on bucket list.

· Registered
711 Posts
Same Crappie Masters 2022 Truman MO results. First place team 24.53 fourteen fish and big fish 2.8LB. I love Truman but Granada is still on bucket list.
I believe That was Larry and Dalton , if so good group of guys that hangout with when fish Truman. They catch some slabs every year. Good friends with Richard bowling who is a well known guide on the lake. Richard took a lady out one year that caught a 4+ giant. Lots of good fish in Truman

21 - 40 of 51 Posts