Greater love hath no man... (for his dog?)

Discussion in 'Social Club 2011' started by UrbanHunter, May 22, 2009.

1. UrbanHunter

UrbanHunter Well-Known Member

CHEYENNE, Wyo. (AP) - A man said he saved his dog's life after sucking venom from a rattlesnake bite out of the animal's nose. Bobby Jenkins said he began feeling ill after getting his dog, Tank, to a veterinarian. He went to the hospital and received a dose of antivenin.
    In all, Jenkins needed four vials of antivenin at a cost of $3,500 per vial.
    Meanwhile, Jenkins said his dog's head swelled up to three times its normal size. Tank had been bitten after running under some equipment on the family ranch.
    The dog also received antivenin and both Jenkins and his dog have recovered.
    ---
    I don't have THAT good of a friend!:rof2::rof2::rof2:

2. Pastor

Pastor Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2008
    Leadwood.

3. ross331

ross331 Active Member

Oct 15, 2008
    richmond
    i dont know man we are really close to our dogs. i am not going to say i wouldn't do it cuz i havent been in that situation.

4. archer66

archer66 5 shots 1 kill

Jun 21, 2008
    It's awful easy to load the dog up in the truck and drive to the vet's office for antivenom.....I wonder though, how many vets keep it on hand????

5. 1FastCam

1FastCam New Member

Nov 25, 2002
    CT
    I gave my dog the Heimlich not once.........but twice. True story. Both times he spit up a huge wad of dog food.

He eats slower now.

6. UrbanHunter

UrbanHunter Well-Known Member

Heimlich ain't sucking poison from a dog's nose, fastcam! :boohoo:
    I love my critters, but a man's gotta draw the line somewhere... least I think he does.
    I hope I never have to find my line.
    I know it's somewhere south of $14,000 for a dog... plus that nose-suckin' thang.