GREAT scouting day!

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting General' started by JarJar, Feb 26, 2006.

1. JarJar

JarJar New Member

Sep 27, 2005
    I went out yesterday and scouted around a bit...also did some shed hunting (which was not as productive as the turkey scouting was)... Anyway, I took my camera (as always...knowing that you all would want to see pics!) and got some great pictures of this group of turks!

Check out how many beards are in this bunch!
    [​IMG]

If this doesn't get you excited about this April, I don't know what will....
    [​IMG]

I tried to get as close as I could, but there where ALOT of eyes that were watching me!
    [​IMG]

2. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    Man oh man! Good pics there JJ.

3. Hey those look like the same turks I seen on Rt. B this morning between Jeff and Wardsville. They all look alike though huh?:rotfl:

No kiddin though there were a bunch out this morning struttin around and stuff. The guy that puts on the 3-D shoot at Dry Creek was outside his house this morning getting setup and said he heard some GOBBLIN!

4. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Cant wait... thanks for the pics and u2u me if you need me on that property!!

5. semohuntingguy

semohuntingguy New Member

Nov 2, 2005
    southeast mo.
    great pics but i hope they havent got the urge this early

6. JarJar

JarJar New Member

Sep 27, 2005
    I was trying to get as close as I could, but they knew I was there......and didn't really seem to mind (I have a 300X lens on for these pics) that I was there. Pulled out my slate call a bit and didn't get any reactions, so I would say there weren't any "urges", at least none of the toms gobbled while I was taken the pics!

I can only hope to see this come April, I know that I could slip up behind them and call them in....Man, I am soooo looking forward to the spring hunt now! :dancin:

7. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boy I wish I could see that during the season rather than hear it.

8. PFR

PFR New Member

Jul 27, 2003
    They've been getting the urge this early for the last several years. Spring is coming earlier and earlier and the season is becoming later and later relative to the spring.

I am also guessing that late April and May is going to be flat rotten and miserable. Great weather in Feb. and March and lousy in late April in May in recent years.

9. Crappie

Crappie Slab Master

Great piss. Thanks

10. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    man the only thing that could make that feild look better is a little be of green

11. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    MO
    Oh yea, great day!
    Thanks for sharing with us!
    :cheers:::cheers:

12. turk2di

turk2di New Member

Feb 26, 2006
    Western Ky
    Great pics:eek: Where do u want me @:cheers: