Great Day of Hunting ended in costing $$$$$$!

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by ChrisLinnMo, Nov 6, 2010.

1. ChrisLinnMo

ChrisLinnMo New Member

Sep 21, 2010
    I set all day yesterday and the deer were moving very well. Just not within bow range, allthough still very suprised to see that amount of deer in a CA. Bucks chasen Does, and more Bucks chasen Does, only shot I had was a 53 yard shot at a decent 8.

I arrived home at 7:00 o'clock and loaded up the wife and son to grab dinner at Kliens in Rosebud. Not even out of Linn and a Doe shot in front of my wife's car and even before I could get the words out that a buck was on her tail, Bam.

He flew up, over, down and was spinning down the Highway. From the damage to my wife's car I knew he had to be in bad shape. I walked back down the road to see him standing there looking at me.
    He ran a bit to a small hill and just watched us as we tried to get the driver door open.

I guess I am suprised that the the deer are very tough, took out my wife car and was able to get up and run.

Just though I would share, I hope everyone keeps a watchful eye out.

2. MidwestWhitetails

MidwestWhitetails New Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Man, that sucks. I always worry about that this time of year coming back from hunting. Its only a matter of time and quite a few of us will probably experience the same thing.

3. mrb

mrb New Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Moberly, Mo
    what a bummer........... I've seen them disable semi's when hit just right........ Can't wait till we get elk to worry about too.........

4. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    Well that bites. I had to hit the breaks hard twice onthe way to town last night & once on the way home. Slow down & be alert if your driving in deer country.

5. ChrisLinnMo

ChrisLinnMo New Member

Sep 21, 2010
    All my son said is he saw deer butt on the winshield, and what bites is today she had to use my truck for work and I am left at home unable to go Hunting. Found out this morning that her radiator is leaking badly. Living in Deer country we all know to be watchful, but not inside town as much. It would have been nice to get back out there today.

6. MajorWyss

MajorWyss New Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Audrain
    That's aggravating for sure. Glad to hear you guys weren't hurt. I had me a close encounter yesterday, and really need to be on the lookout, cause they are in hot pursuit right now, and think they're ten feet tall and bulletproof. Mrb is right. Just wait til them big boys are being hit. It ain't gonna be purty.