Great 10pt

Discussion in 'Trail Cam Photos & Pics from the stand' started by Muzzy-83, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Muzzy-83

Muzzy-83 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2013
    Adair Co
    Got cam pics of a good looking 10pt. In the same plot I killed the doe Saturday, he was there Friday morning. Brow tines look split and have some junk at the bases. I believe this buck was around last year. Last pic was from last year.

Attached Files:

HEAVY and topwater15 like this.
  2. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

Good looking buck.

3. badlander

badlander Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Still looks pretty young too.

4. kcrbb1

kcrbb1 Member

Dec 1, 2010
    Liberty, MO
    Great looking buck. I agree, looks fairly young to me. I would guess him at 3, but already a stud.
    Good luck!

Huntingfuul likes this.
  5. Ringer

Ringer Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Mid MO
    Nice buck! I'd guess him at 4 years old. Would have a real good chance at being a booner next year but he'd be real hard to pass for anyone.

6. Muzzy-83

Oct 14, 2013
    Adair Co
    I was thinking 4yr old, especially if that was him last year. Either way I will not pass on that deer.

7. He's likely 3.5 IMO. pass if you want a chance at a booner next year. Not an easy pass though

8. badlander

badlander Member

Aug 8, 2014
    I kinda think 3 as well, and that would definately be a difficult pass.

9. I have a really nice 3.5 year old 10 called comeback and another i named PBC (potential boone and crockett)
    I have pics of both of them last year at 2.5 and they both put on 20-30 inches. I have vowed to myself that I will take only pictures of them if I see them. Ive passed a few 135ish class bucks before but I think PBC is 140 plus, it will be rough watching him walk away but I know he has what it takes to make gross BC next year and I want to see him do it.

Not saying you should pass the 10 you have, he is a nice buck. Its all about if the juice is worth the squeeze if you wanna kill a 140 or a 160 kinda animal. Ive killed a few deer in the 40s now and I really want to get a BIG deer. Hard to kill a 160 if you bust a 140. I hope you get him if thats what you are after!:cheers::cheers::cheers: comeback.jpg PBC.jpg

DougC likes this.
  10. Muzzy-83

Oct 14, 2013
    Adair Co
    The more I look at the pics of the buck I am leaning towards 3.5 years old instead of 4.5, but either way this buck will not get a pass during bow season. I unfortunately don't rifle hunt the property, the family members that do shoot any and every deer. So no garuntees that he would make it if I passed on him. Plus there are neighbors that hunt so who knows.

11. Yup, shoot him lol