Vendor
63,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Vendor
63,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I

He didn't say one word about trapping. Only Avian predation.

Next.....
Which is negated by habitat.....

Does that picture look like your farm?

Reactions: WBF

·
Registered
69,438 Posts
Which is negated by habitat.....

Does that picture look like your farm?
That photo looks nothing like my place. There is plenty of undergrowth all over. The only open areas are on the pipeline right of way. The only fescue is what I planted after clearing 3 acres of timber for a place for my cabin and pond. All the rest is native timber that has lots of undergrowth in most areas. In my two cedar thickets not much grows under those and I doubt the soil under those would support much growth.

You seem to forget that not all that long ago I had plenty of turkey living and breeding on my place. It's when 90% of the local trappers stopped trapping because of the fur market plus bobcats moving into my area. And the reason the bobcats moving in was for food (young and old turkey). Now that the turkey are diminished to 2 or 3 birds the sighting of bobcats have gone down considerably because they have moved on because of lack of food.

Habitat is not the problem on my place.

·
Vendor
63,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That photo looks nothing like my place. There is plenty of undergrowth all over. The only open areas are on the pipeline right of way. The only fescue is what I planted after clearing 3 acres of timber for a place for my cabin and pond. All the rest is native timber that has lots of undergrowth in most areas. In my two cedar thickets not much grows under those and I doubt the soil under those would support much growth.

You seem to forget that not all that long ago I had plenty of turkey living and breeding on my place. It's when 90% of the local trappers stopped trapping because of the fur market plus bobcats moving into my area.

Habitat is not the problem on my place.
Is the undergrowth thick?

Have you had someone assess your habitat other than you?

·
Vendor
63,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JUST YOU FROM YOUR CHAIR IN FRONT OF YOUR COMPUTER.
So no one? Maybe you should let a professional assess your turkey habitat and make some recommendations?

·
Addicted Habitat Junkie/Duck Whore
3,359 Posts
Maybe a few pictures will help explain the situation. The following pictures were taken this morning on the road that forms the north boundary of my property. Literally all that separates the pics is a gravel two track road. In each sequence of pics all I did was turn 180 degrees and film his side of the road that is unmanaged versus my side that's been TSI'd twice in 25 years and is on a regular 3 year burn rotation.

These pics are from 3 different stops along the road - hope these pics help.

20210605_101317.jpg
20210605_101309.jpg

·
Registered
18,793 Posts
So no one? Maybe you should let a professional assess your turkey habitat and make some recommendations?
If MM did that..... he would have nothing to bittch about.. his farm is stuck in a kind of time warp whereas the land he owns has never had fire across it, TSI, edge feathering etc. If it wasn’t fir his neighbor dozing out the fence row a few years back... MM wouldn’t have a brassica plot..

·
Under appreciated
87,496 Posts
If MM did that..... he would have nothing to bittch about.. his farm is stuck in a kind of time warp whereas the land he owns has never had fire across it, TSI, edge feathering etc. If it wasn’t fir his neighbor dozing out the fence row a few years back... MM wouldn’t have a brassica plot..
Wouldnt do him any good to get a professional to look at it anyway. If he did, and the guy says he has good nesting/brooding habitat, he would just be accused of being a liar.

·
Vendor
63,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Vendor
63,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wouldnt do him any good to get a professional to look at it anyway. If he did, and the guy says he has good nesting/brooding habitat, he would just be accused of being a liar.
Tell ya what... lets get a couple professional to look at it. You and I and @Mailman can all walk it with them and Ill video their comments. Then no one is lying. You guys in??

·
Under appreciated
87,496 Posts
Tell ya what... lets get a couple professional to look at it. You and I and @Mailman can all walk it with them and Ill video their comments. Then no one is lying. You guys in??
I'm not so suspicious of people that I need that proof. That is YOUR insecurity coming through.

BTW Jesus, I am not talking about mailman here necessarily.

·
Vendor
63,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm not so suspicious of people that I need that proof. That is YOUR insecurity coming through.

BTW Jesus, I am not talking about mailman here necessarily.
No, youre just lazy and scared.

·
Under appreciated
87,496 Posts
No, youre just lazy and scared.
Sure... not disinterested or anything. I'm not quite sure why I would be scared to walk MMs property.

So, are you going to ask his permission before you trespass or are you going to just do it at night like you did at Henrys?

·
Under appreciated
87,496 Posts
He didn't say one word about trapping. Only Avian predation.

Next.....
No, nothing about trapping.
What I find interesting is Hawk spends a bunch of time accusing Woods of being a hack, but now all of asudden, he is an authority.

Our turkey Jesus selectively cherry picks things, as if we all didnt know that already. 😆 😆 😆 😆

·
4,751 Posts
On the way to work this morning I seen a small group of turkeyes and one was strutting and at least one was a hen, the birds hear our frustration and are still working on growing the population other than the mdc sending out surveys

·
Vendor
63,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sure... not disinterested or anything. I'm not quite sure why I would be scared to walk MMs property.

So, are you going to ask his permission before you trespass or are you going to just do it at night like you did at Henrys?
You make charts of things you arent interested in for people online for no reason also. You can't take a day to learn about habitat and inform others on MWT?

I dont need to trespass on henrys. I just dump all my live trapped racoons there.

1 - 20 of 191 Posts