GPS help

Discussion in 'Hunting Gear (General)' started by Bowpredator, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Bowpredator

Bowpredator New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Licking Missouri
    Ok, I've had a Garmin GPS 12 for a few years now and it has served me well. Does anyone know if there is a way to leave a specific route/trail on the screen and still be able to delete new travel routes? What I am trying to do is find all of the trails and leave them marked on my gps and then if/when I go hunting off of one of the trails, I want to be able to delete my days journey without deleting the trails I have marked. Dont know if that makes any sense. So far, the closest way I can find to accomplish this is by marking a lot of waypoints and then having the gps draw a line from one to the other but it ends up being a mess.

2. Hey bowpredator,

Does your gps save a track as a file? Like: "12 apr 06" or something you can go back too? I'm only familiar with the etrex vista and it saves up to 10 (I think) tracks or files with only the info I walked on in a certain point of time.

3. cfdjay

cfdjay New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    Your unit has to have a "tracks" feature I believe. I have a garmin as well. If you turn on the tracks feature it will mark your walking trail and you can save it.

4. You can download your tracks into Garmin Mapsource and delete individual tracks. Hope this helps.

chad