Gotta love 12 year old kids.....

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by archer66, Oct 30, 2010.

1. archer66

archer66 5 shots 1 kill

Jun 21, 2008
    Got up this morning and woke my daughter for her youth hunt and guess what she said????

"I think I want to wait until next year". Wasn't a big suprise.....and she'll prolly change her mind a few more times this fall.

Prolly should have gone bowhunting but I took the opportunity to go back to bed and get some extra sleep.

2. Wings Fan 19

Wings Fan 19 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Kansas City, MO.
    Ah well, better than fightin' with'em about doing something they don't wanna do.
    Heck my little dude was outta bed as soon as my bedroom door opened at 4:45 this morning, usually we have to drag him up at 7:30 to get ready for school.:cheers:

3. archer66

archer66 5 shots 1 kill

Jun 21, 2008
    She didn't show any interest at all until late during last year's rifle season. I told her then that it was too late to get her ready and we spent this past summer and fall getting a rifle lined up for her and getting practiced with it. She really enjoys shooting but I think the emotional aspect of it is a bit much for her. I've talked with her a LOT about it over the last year and she says that she's fine with ending a life....wants to have deer meat in the freezer that she knows she helped provide. I asked her why she changed her mind and she said she didn't but she was too tired to get up......who knows.....what's really going on in there but the last thing I want to do is make her go when she doesn't want to.

4. MOFish20

MOFish20 Science Doesn't Care What You Believe

Oct 12, 2010
    kudos for letting her make the call...

my dad would drag me out of bed regardless of what i wanted.

Worked out, I LOVE hunting and being outdoors, but many a morning was spent grumbling and angry in the cold and dark because I would have rather been in bed like everyone else I know:D

5. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    Ask her later today if she wants to go. Afternoon or evening might be better for her!

6. archer66

archer66 5 shots 1 kill

Jun 21, 2008
    [rquote=1870928&tid=130254&author=cfrazee_mo]Ask her later today if she wants to go. Afternoon or evening might be better for her! [/rquote]

Well...thanks to my wife we have tickets to the Chiefs game in KC tomorrow so this morning was it for the early youth season.

We've already already talked about it today and she says she wants to go with me for the regular season in two weeks. We'll see...I'll make it as easy for her as I can by giving her all kinds of options...morning, mid day, afternoon....whatever she wants. My wife will be willing to drop her off and pick her up whenever.

7. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    sounds like daughter when it came to hunting turkeys:D