Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the scope mounted and just waiting on the forend. Is there anything I'm doing wrong? How does it look to you guys?

I'm about 1/8" above the fixed sights. I'm assuming that'd be ok.

[file]88149[/file]

[file]88147[/file]

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Looking good Jay!!:eek:: I always take my fixed sights completely off and stash 'em in my gunsafe. (jus me) I gots a muzzleloader setup specific for open sights should I want to hunt Kansas's early ML season.

·
Confirmed Bachelor
10,482 Posts
Jay, looks good to me!!!!!

alwyshntn, you know you can use the scope now in Kansas?

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
[rquote=1538318&tid=107185&author=Heeler75]Jay, looks good to me!!!!!

alwyshntn, you know you can use the scope now in Kansas?[/rquote]

No kiddin!!?? I hadn't applied for a early ML tag fer prolly 6 years. Is that new just this past year??

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
[rquote=1538318&tid=107185&author=Heeler75]Jay, looks good to me!!!!!

alwyshntn, you know you can use the scope now in Kansas?[/rquote]

That's right!:cheers:

Jay the scope looks good.:eek::

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Sorry JAY!! Not tryin to hijack ya!:D Dang I like the looks of dat:cheers:

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[rquote=1538324&tid=107185&author=racks-n-beards]that the vx-II jay?[/rquote]

That's the ultimateslam. It's the ballistic scope for muzzleloaders.

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
With the price of ammo and powder nowadays, I thought a little laser bore sight would be a decent investment. It says to use 25yds as the aimpoint to adjust the scope to the dot. Would you guys agree?

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[rquote=1538337&tid=107185&author=DForbis]That is the same way that I sighted in my Nikon Omega is by starting at 25 yards and it worked great!![/rquote]

Good deal. Thanks!

·
Chiefs FANatic
10,799 Posts
[rquote=1538328&tid=107185&author=cfdjay][rquote=1538324&tid=107185&author=racks-n-beards]that the vx-II jay?[/rquote]

That's the ultimateslam. It's the ballistic scope for muzzleloaders.[/rquote]

That's right I remember you askin bout that one.

Sweet setup for sure!!

:cheers::cheers:

·
11,357 Posts
I was thinking CFD, I had my scope mounted at Powder Horn gun shop. I am not sure if they bore sighted it or not. I took the gun home and set up a big piece of cardboard and started at 25yds. I did as the directions said that came with the omega and it worked out great. Didn't seem to take too many shots. LOVE shooting my ML:cheers::cheers: Hope you get that good lucking gun setup:cheers:

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
[rquote=1538395&tid=107185&author=DForbis]I was thinking CFD, I had my scope mounted at Powder Horn gun shop. I am not sure if they bore sighted it or not. I took the gun home and set up a big piece of cardboard and started at 25yds. I did as the directions said that came with the omega and it worked out great. Didn't seem to take too many shots. LOVE shooting my ML:cheers::cheers: Hope you get that good lucking gun setup:cheers:[/rquote]

Well, I got everything I need except the forend. Once that gets here, I need the snow and wind to stop and get this thing sighted in. Season starts saturday. :praying:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.