got the go ahead on a new bow

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by igor, Nov 6, 2010.

1. igor

igor Active Member

Mar 8, 2006
    I currently have been shooting a 2003 Hoyt razortec, bought it new in 03. VERY quiet, fairly fast bow.

I am wanting one with a bit longer axel to axel. I am NOT a speed freak, 6" brace height need not apply. Quiet with a smooth draw cycle, mabey a little more valley before hitting the wall.:shrug:

I really don't want to spend the coin on a brand new one,
    mabey last years model of something.

Opinions?

Dean

2. I have shot the Bear Charge and it seems to be quite, smooth draw and it has a 7 3/4 brace height I think :shrug:

:cheers:

3. dodge

dodge Active Member

Oct 8, 2010
    cedar hill, mo
    My friend has a 09 hoyt alphamax that he is trying to sell for 600 bucks obo or would like to trade for other bows. I shoot a fred bear done deal and really like it

4. Droptine5

Droptine5 New Member

Oct 26, 2010
    KC
    I got a Hoyt turbo hawk this year and really like it.

5. letemgrow

letemgrow Active Member

For what you want, I think a Ross Cardiac or Carnivore is just what the doctor ordered. :eek::

6. goosekilla

goosekilla Senior Member

Dec 9, 2008
    west of STL
    New Breed Archery!!!!

7. thompson

thompson Active Member

Nov 26, 2007
  8. igor

igor Active Member

Mar 8, 2006
    Guess I should have added this.

Razortec 33" ata, 7 1/4 brace heigth, ibo 310 fps.

Wanting something at least 35" ata. Heck I might even get out of the stone age on this one and set it up with carbon
    arrows.:eek:

Dodge, I'm gonna shoot an alphamax! :cheers:

9. dodge

dodge Active Member

Oct 8, 2010
    cedar hill, mo
    The one he has is a alphamax 35 and has a truglo range rover sight with it and the cams will let the draw out ot 28

10. icbigiowabucks

icbigiowabucks New Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Knoxville Iowa
    [rquote=1882974&tid=131138&author=letemgrow]For what you want, I think a Ross Cardiac or Carnivore is just what the doctor ordered. :eek::[/rquote]

I shoot ROSS and you can get them on ebay new in box for around 300, there closeout from last year, I got mine new it was 699 and got it for 299. if you no your draw and everything thats how I would go

11. igor

igor Active Member

Mar 8, 2006
    Been a while since I've seriously looked at bows.

With the parallel limb fad, getting one longer than 35" ata almost requires going
    with a target model, no big deal there.

As far as price goes, not really the big issue on this. I just don't want to take the hit
    on a new bow. I will if thats all that pops up but don't want to.

Doesnt Lucas archery in Moberly carry Bowtech, Hoyt, and Mathews? Been a couple of
    years since my last visit.

Dean

12. macon county boy

macon county boy New Member

May 6, 2009
    no lucas archery dropped mathews they have some last year bows in there ,bill will hook you up

13. igor

igor Active Member

Mar 8, 2006
  14. macon county boy

May 6, 2009
    they didnt sell very many and had some issues with the bows

15. igor

igor Active Member

Mar 8, 2006
    Kinda what I thought. Heard they have had some pretty serious issues the past
    few years, mathews that is.

16. macon county boy

May 6, 2009
    if you want a super smooth bow check out the elite z-28 but no one close has them besides parks outdoors in brookfield, you can find a alphamax 32 or 35 prolly between 4-500 range or buy a new hoyt and theyll send you a rebate 50 dollars

17. I've got an 09 fred bear lights out I'd sell right, and it is like new. Only deal, is the a2a is shorter than you want.

18. PoisonSnake

PoisonSnake Active Member

Dec 16, 2004
    Australia
    Elite GT500. Good brace height and axle to axle length. Good speed as well. Smoothe draw cycle and very forgiving.

19. Refuze2falo

Refuze2falo Plain White Cracker

Aug 13, 2008
    We are neighbors
    I have a 09 Hoyt 737 I will be selling soon for a very reasonable price. But I'm sure you want to check other models out in your search:cheers:

20. macon county boy

May 6, 2009
    that 737 is a long axel to axel would make a great shooting bow