Got the Call

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting General' started by winger, Apr 19, 2006.

1. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    I got the call that the Kansas birds are fired up and the hens are leaving them in the early mornings so in the morning I will be sitting in a field with my hero/dad waiting on a long beard to show up. Don't care if I get anything or not can't wait for the morning. Going to finish getting things ready and head out the door headed west.:banana:

2. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Best of luck! Sounds like a great time:eek:

3. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    Wingman, hope you and your dad have a great time.:eek:

Jack

4. Don't you mean James's hero ;) :hysterical: :peepwall:

Good luck and tell your pop's I said hi :wave: :cheers:. and remember to stay away from the irish ;)

5. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    TAKE NO PRISONERS... :D

6. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    good luck wingman :cheers:

7. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
  8. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    thanks all, had a great trip and even managed to find a couple birds dumb enough to get themselves killed.:dancin: would like to say i called them through five fences and a trench but it was nothing that glorious. sat down and the hens pitched out and walked passed us and the gobbler followed. my kansas season lasted about 10 minutes. oh well, doesn't hurt to have a hunt fast and furious every now and then, even if it is all luck. now for the mo mo birds to remind me why i hate turkey hunting.:D can't be any worse than last year when i didn't even burn powder in missouri.:banghead:

9. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    Sweet success !

:dancin:

10. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    Wingman, where's dem pics????:confused: I'm headin' out in the morning to hunt Kansas again. Hopefully get the fella I'm taking a bird. Then on to next week and the highly edumacated Missouri Wiley Turkeys.:boohoo: Kansas Turkeys are dumb compared to Missouri Turkeys. I swear.:D

Jack

11. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    pics are on the 35mm. momma don't let me take the digital to the field and i took it out of the truck after john and the boys left so all i had was the wally world disposable. hopefully it will get filled up this next couple weeks and pics aplenty will follow.

12. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    Good!! We likes dem pics.

Jack

13. :eek::eek::eek:

Congrat's Mike :cheers:. At least both your guns got powder burned thru them in Mo this year by the boys ;)

Doesn't look good for Alex making it back up there during the reg season :whinging:. Took the new position and start monday and he has a baseball tournament scheduled for the next 3 weekends . Monday thru friday w/ holiday's off and no more evenings and midnights :dancin::dancin:, might just get a family life back again :pop:

14. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003

ought to be a battle royal for those duck spots on the weekends.:hysterical::hysterical: there is a lot to be said for bankers hours with weekends and holidays off. i didn't realize how many of my problems at home was due to the stupid shift rotations and missing life as most know it. congrats on the new position.

that's too bad that alex won't be able to make it back up. from the look of things it looks like the first week ought to be pretty good but i would say the breeding cycle is full bore now and will be winding down shortly so as usual a few good days of hunting and then hit and miss in mo mo.

15. Hayzer

Hayzer New Member

Unless he's short, fat and has a long beard..