Got my new tribute today

Discussion in 'Archery Equipment' started by rat, Mar 21, 2006.

1. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    I got my new Bowtech today and man oh man, is this thing sweet. Silent, shock-free, smooth to cycle.. just love it. Thanks for all your advice!

I know you have seen gillions of pics of these and many of you shoot them, but I am too proud of this thing not to share a pic!

2. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    Sweet man! I hope you get to share a couple pics this fall with that baby in the picture too! :cheers:

Parker

3. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    :banana:

:dancin:

Sweet !

4. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    That's a MAJOR looking sight too! :eek:

Parker

5. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Well.. the sight and the rest wasnt what I was looking for.

I did want a fall-away rest but the one I chose from what they had in stock was the trophy taker.

And the sight is the Cobra sidewinder... wanted a viper or spot hogg but I can easily enough change that later if need be.

Real nice young man named Nathan at Dunns in Pevely MO seter up for me. This thing shoots like a dream.. :dancin::dancin:

Guess I'll have my previous bow for sale now! I'll post it a bit later when I decide on a price.

6. membergone

membergone New Member

Jan 17, 2004
    Sweet rat! That Sidewinder is a decent sight for the money, and the Trophy taker is a good rest too. You done good. This'll give ya time to decide which sight for sure you want. :cheers:

7. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Well.. thanks for the advice on this thing DSG.. I was shooting aluminums, an older bow, ect so I decided to upgrade after shooting in a couple of leagues last summer and seeing what is possible with these newer bows. Unreal, the difference.

Now you'll have to put up with my ornery :ass: at some of these shoots you all attend!!

8. cfdjay

cfdjay New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    As if I wasn't looking forward to getting my tribute bad enough already!!! CONGRATS!!! :dancin:

9. MoBowman

MoBowman New Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Super piece of equipment Rat:cheers:, I also use the Trophy Taker rest and just love it. If you get the chance to get your Viper sight, jump on it. I can kick myself for not getting mine sooner. Best thing I have done for my bow in some time.

Have ya informed the other have, that something else has become your favorite sweetheart for awhile:hysterical::dancin:

MoBowman ```---------->

10. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Yea... I broke it to her last night. I'm in for a bunch of honey-do's for a while, needless to say!

I have a theory here though... whenever she wants a new toy (she is WAY into custom embroidery) I just say "sure, honey"... hehe

She's way ahead of me on toys!

11. Hoytshooter

Hoytshooter Active Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    Awesome looking setup Rat! Congrats

12. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Thanks... I did pull back one of those trykons today... tough decision, I'll say. Had my heart set on the tribute though.

13. D.R.N.18

D.R.N.18 New Member

Feb 13, 2006
    I think you will be more than impressed with the shootability of the Tribute! Sweet looking bow:eek:

14. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Very nice setup there rat.

Send your wife our way for custom embroidery!:wave:

15. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Thanks... she is more than willing and does fine work! u2u and I'll hook you up!

16. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    MO
    Looks like the deer better hide come Sept. 15!!
    :cheers::cheers:

17. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Nah... lets encourage them to not be shy! lol

18. cfdjay

cfdjay New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    Rat...I'd love some more pics!! I promise when I get mine I'll posting pics like a mad man!!!

19. MUHunter

MUHunter New Member

Aug 13, 2003
    NE MO
    hey rat, if you do get that new site and are looking to get rid of the sidewinder I'm in the market :)

20. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    I'll for sure let you know... I wanna shoot it a while and see if it'll work for me. I am purty sure that I'll change though in time... thanks.