Got My Limit

Discussion in 'Fishing General' started by oneshot 1, Mar 15, 2006.

1. oneshot 1

oneshot 1 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    I was only one that got any Spoonbill in my Boat today.Got couple small ones,one 55 pounder and a 60.Going again in the morning.

oneshot
    :D The Big Grin sees Fish Fry.

2. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

Sound like a fish fry to me:)

:cheers::cheers:

3. semodeerhunter

semodeerhunter New Member

Dec 25, 2002
    perryville mo
    Wheres the pics? Sounds like you had a good day.

4. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    Sweetness One! Can you show us some pics?! We LOVE pics ya know! :D

Parker

5. MUHunter

MUHunter New Member

Aug 13, 2003
    NE MO
    awesome day oneshot! small ones.....:bangin:
    :eek:

6. MUHunter

MUHunter New Member

Aug 13, 2003
    NE MO
    how did your new boat handles those pigs today oneshot?

7. oneshot 1

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    Handled great.There was three of us Big guys on it,with a too small of a Gaff.My Bother in Law was trying to get one in the Boat,he couldn't get a good hook on it.I was laughing my :ass: off,told him not to fight it because it was bigger than both us.

He was suprised how well it set up out of the water.Now I got Blood all over it.

oneshot
    :D Why is the Big Grin thinking Larry,Moe and Curly.:stickfight::moon:

8. MUHunter

MUHunter New Member

Aug 13, 2003
    NE MO
    SWEET!!!:banana:

9. membergone

membergone New Member

Jan 17, 2004
    Oneshot, good job man! Congrats! :cheers:

I knew you were in the area and looked for you all day, well not all day, till I got tired! I went from boat to boat and it seemed like EVERYONE was dressed in bibs and a flannel shirt with gum boots and a hat wiff a partial mouf-full of teef so I eventually quit looking for you out of exhaustion.

10. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    Ok so these spoonbills I keep hearing you guys talk so much about...how do they eat ?

Are they along the lines of a carp or buffalo or are they like a bass crappie .....fill me in

11. MUHunter

MUHunter New Member

Aug 13, 2003
    NE MO
    i would say they are some where in between your little comparisons........much better than any stinking carp but not up to the tastes of crappie. To me its totally different from most types of fish but if you clean it right (get all the red and gray meat off) its definitely in the upper half of fish for me. Maybe, just maybe if you are nice steve I could hook you and henry up some for your turkey hunt this year.

12. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    Way to go Oneshot...........:cheers:

13. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    Id like to try some !

14. membergone

membergone New Member

Jan 17, 2004
    hunter7x, Very firm white meat. A little less greasy than catfish. Not as flakey as crappie. Cubed and deep fried at 375 degrees with corn meal coating it is awesome.

Like MUHunter said, it is definately one of the better eating fishes! :cheers:

15. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    Right on DSG, sounds good. I like most of my fish baked but theres nothing like a cold beer in one hand and waiting fo rthe frier basket to come up and diggin right in with the other !

16. Mr.Crappie

Mr.Crappie New Member

Feb 7, 2006
    Northeast Missouri
    oneshot 1, I'm really glad you liked the boat....I told you it was a good one....I just wished you would have got crappie blood all over it instead of those spoonbill, HA!

17. oneshot 1

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    Ok here you go.My Brother in Law,told me to hold them up and he would take a picture of them.I told him,"Yea Right,that would do my Back a world of good".So he held them up,I took the Picture.Don't do them justice this Guy is well over 6',and over 300 pounds.

[​IMG]

We went out today but didn't do any good.I'm thinking my Brother in Law was running the Boat too slow.I'd pull my Line,then it seem like forever for the slack to come out.

oneshot
    :D The Big Grin likes Crappie,more his size

18. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    MO
    Good stuff oneshot!
    Thanks for gettin that pic up to!
    :cheers::cheers:

19. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    Thanks for the pics OneShot!!! Sounds like you had a great time out there!!!

20. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    SWEET pic oneshot! Thanks for sharing! :cheers:

Parker