Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well not the biggest guy in the woods but he's a definite trophy to me. I worked on getting close to this guy and a couple others since Wednesday night, and finally got it done last night. I started off by hunting Wed. from somewhat of an observatory spot since I hadn't had an opportunity to do any pre-hunt scouting, and just kept creeping in closer and closer. I had seen a good number of deer coming out each night but last night this was the only guy that showed up, but that was all I needed. I was concerned about the shot I made and saw him bed down in some thick brush along the creek after running out of the cut bean field. After calling my brother last night and talking w/ him about what happened he helped me make the decision to wait until this morning to go after him. He had gotten back up and last night and traveled another 150yds. or so before bedding again and giving up. The muzzleloader did the trick at about 180yds. but the shot was back in the stomach area and all I was trailing was a few drops of blood here and there and stomach matter. He pretty much stayed on a really well used deer trail and that helped alot in finding him. I am forever thankful to the Kearney family for allowing me to hunt on there farm the last couple years the hunts I've had here will memories I'll cherish forever.

[file]82703[/file]

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Good work, Brutha!!!:cheers::wave:

·
Grrrrrrr
29,951 Posts
That is a nice buck, congrats on a good ML kill.

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
[rquote=1499878&tid=104641&author=racks-n-beards]Whats the deal on the second deer you sent?? that thing looked to have some MAJOR mass!!![/rquote]

Was wondering the same....Really nice 10 looked like!!!:cheers::wave:

·
Registered
21,278 Posts
:2thumbsup: Nice one. :2thumbsup:

·
Banned
81,616 Posts
Good job. Did you have private land to hunt???? How much deer driven was goin on around ya???? I still may try and get back out there for some late season bow huntin.:2thumbsup:

:cheers::cheers:

·
19,584 Posts
SWEET! :cheers:

Really enjoyed reading your story...nice buck!

I haven't been able to get out, so I NEED you guys to post your stories! :claphands:

·
Strutt Buster
5,927 Posts
Great looking deer, congrats! I got a buddy that goes out to Wakeeny(sp) every year. He has taken some dandy ones out there. It's amazing how many deer are out there with so much farm land and so little cover. Again, nice deer!

·
Registered
7,522 Posts
Very nice deer..good job!!

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
[rquote=1499883&tid=104641&author=FiremanBrad][rquote=1499878&tid=104641&author=racks-n-beards]Whats the deal on the second deer you sent?? that thing looked to have some MAJOR mass!!![/rquote]

Was wondering the same....Really nice 10 looked like!!!:cheers::wave:[/rquote]

My buddy Joe got that one yesterday morning in KS. He was complaining it was the only shooter he had seen!!! WHAT!?!?! That would be the only one I'd need to see! He's a lil spoiled.:D

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
[rquote=1500258&tid=104641&author=henry] Good job. Did you have private land to hunt???? How much deer driven was goin on around ya???? I still may try and get back out there for some late season bow huntin.:2thumbsup:

:cheers::cheers:[/rquote]

I was on private ground and actually didn't see any deer drives going on. Didn't even hear alot of shooting. The movement was good but slow compaired to years before. Late season+food source= success!! I think your on to something there Henry:whistle: I have a buddy that hunts in the same area we do that insists on waiting until the late season and he seems to get er done everytime.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts