Got corn growing.

Discussion in 'Deer Management, Habitat & Conservation' started by pinwheel, Jun 5, 2009.

1. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    Been a tough year so far plottin on my place. Had enough RR corn given to me to plant 12 acres & have had a heck of a time getting it in the ground. But, I finally made it happen. There is no way I could have planted half of it though without my JD 7000 planter. It's rough & gonna be bumpy spraying it on the mule, but at least it growing finally.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Same field. Along the east edge, we've got cp33 (wildflower/WSG mix). Along the entire length on the west edge of the cp33, we planted false indigo & pin oaks every 10' in 2 rows, 5' apart & offset 5'. Haven't lost a tree yet that I can tell. That's all one years growth on bare root trees.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. letemgrow

letemgrow Well-Known Member

:claphands::claphands:

You know I like it Randy.

3. HabitatMD

HabitatMD Active Member

Jan 4, 2007
    St. Louis, Mo
    False Indigo is indeed awesome from what I can tell on our place as well.

But the corn.....that'll never make it with the rough seedbed. :peepwall: Got to be smooth and pretty. Thought you knew that Randy. ;)

4. Trykon_Buck

Trykon_Buck Active Member

Lookin' good, pinwheel!!! :eek::

5. TOBRYAN

TOBRYAN Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2002
    Liberty, Mo
    Looks good Randy!!

6. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    Me likes corn! :claphands:

7. rmr

rmr New Member

good deal Randy,
    getting a stand is half the battle.

8. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    [rquote=1288165&tid=90071&author=Chairman]Me likes corn! :claphands:[/rquote]

You're really gonna like corn this year, cause a few days before you come up, I'm gonna take the brush hog & mow a 30 yd circle right out in front of your blind. If you don't solve the piece of cake thing this year, you're never going to have a better opportunity.:rof2:

9. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    [rquote=1288516&tid=90071&author=pinwheel][rquote=1288165&tid=90071&author=Chairman]Me likes corn! :claphands:[/rquote]

You're really gonna like corn this year, cause a few days before you come up, I'm gonna take the brush hog & mow a 30 yd circle right out in front of your blind. If you don't solve the piece of cake thing this year, you're never going to have a better opportunity.:rof2:[/rquote]

:cheers: Sounds like a good idea to me. :cheers:

Parker

10. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    [rquote=1288516&tid=90071&author=pinwheel][rquote=1288165&tid=90071&author=Chairman]Me likes corn! :claphands:[/rquote]

You're really gonna like corn this year, cause a few days before you come up, I'm gonna take the brush hog & mow a 30 yd circle right out in front of your blind. If you don't solve the piece of cake thing this year, you're never going to have a better opportunity.:rof2:[/rquote]

isnt that against regulations?:thinking:

11. o2hunt

o2hunt New Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Springfield
  12. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    [rquote=1288652&tid=90071&author=Jeremy][rquote=1288516&tid=90071&author=pinwheel][rquote=1288165&tid=90071&author=Chairman]Me likes corn! :claphands:[/rquote]

isnt that against regulations?:thinking:[/rquote]

Ya think?:thinking: Word I got is it's legal in 09.:peepwall:

Hope my conservation agent buddy doesn't write me a ticket when he comes to hunt.

13. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    [rquote=1288619&tid=90071&author=Parker][rquote=1288516&tid=90071&author=pinwheel][rquote=1288165&tid=90071&author=Chairman]Me likes corn! :claphands:[/rquote]

:cheers: Sounds like a good idea to me. :cheers:[/rquote]

Sounds even better, to me... :whistle:

:D

14. MUHunter

MUHunter New Member

Aug 13, 2003
    NE MO
    That must be some darn good stuff ;)

15. MizzouAg

MizzouAg New Member

[rquote=1288619&tid=90071&author=Parker][rquote=1288516&tid=90071&author=pinwheel][rquote=1288165&tid=90071&author=Chairman]Me likes corn! :claphands:[/rquote]

:cheers: Sounds like a good idea to me. :cheers:

Parker[/rquote]

Sounds like a GREAT idea!!!

16. MizzouAg

MizzouAg New Member

[rquote=1288723&tid=90071&author=pinwheel][rquote=1288652&tid=90071&author=Jeremy][rquote=1288516&tid=90071&author=pinwheel][rquote=1288165&tid=90071&author=Chairman]Me likes corn! :claphands:[/rquote]

Hope my conservation agent buddy doesn't write me a ticket when he comes to hunt.[/rquote]

check out page 5.....
    http://mdc4.mdc.mo.gov/Documents/13924.pdf

17. Thayer

Thayer New Member

Dec 17, 2005
    Imperial, Mo
    I think that was page 3...

Guess there is some pressure to get them deers kilt...

18. CLIFFHANGER

CLIFFHANGER Active Member

:cheers:Looking Good Randy
    been absent for a few days working at the new house will touch base later:wave:

19. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    [rquote=1289188&tid=90071&author=MizzouAg][rquote=1288723&tid=90071&author=pinwheel][rquote=1288652&tid=90071&author=Jeremy][rquote=1288516&tid=90071&author=pinwheel][rquote=1288165&tid=90071&author=Chairman]Me likes corn! :claphands:[/rquote]

Hope my conservation agent buddy doesn't write me a ticket when he comes to hunt.[/rquote]

check out page 5.....
    http://mdc4.mdc.mo.gov/Documents/13924.pdf

[/rquote]

:eek: wow, who woulda thunk that would have happened. "manipulation" of crops:scared: