Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been on the state foresters list for a visit for quite some time. I really want to be here when they come out so i was on kind of a floating list so that i could call him once i would be home from work.

I called him last Aug. and he said i was at the top of the list so we decided on late Dec. since I usually am gone most of the fall. Called him a few days ago and he informed me that there was a restructuring and i was no longer in the area he covers.

He got me in touch with my new forester and she seems like a really enthusiastic person. She asked if she could bring the PLC out when she comes out for her visit.

The only bad thing is she can't come out untill Feb. 17 and i may be gone by then. I really look forward to working with them tho. My timber is in pretty bad shape i think after the big ice storm last year.

·
Registered
13,420 Posts
Ozarks-bowhunter, I hear you. We in MDC have had to make some pretty drastic cut backs lately. I hate to see you suffer because of it. If you explain your situation (you said you may be leaving?), maybe they can get to you a little quicker. It may be easier for the PLC to fit you into the schedule since Foresters are very busy doing inventories on private and public lands this time of year. At least the PLC, even if not a forester by trade, comes on site, they could pass along the info to the Forester and hopefully get you some answers. I wish you good luck!

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know that they are very busy and spread pretty thin. I have no problem waiting i just hope i'm around when the time comes. I told her that she could come on out even if i wasn't here and that i would call and let her know what i'm kinda looking for if i know i'm gonna be gone.

·
Registered
13,420 Posts
I understand, it is always better for the owner to be on site though. Sometimes we worry about boundary issues and for the most part, we just like good company!!! Good luck to you!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.