Got any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Guns & Ammo' started by Rebel2, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    Got a CVA Kodiak that is just plain black w/ synthetic... It needs to be well, different...

I dont want to use the same pattern that I have on the shotguns, too much green, as this is only used in the fall.. At first thought I was thinking flip flop the colors a bit.. i.e. where its green make it brown and brown make it green.. but I just dont know..below is a picture for reference, i would leave the tan or khaki in, but flip the green and brown, so there would be much more brown in it...

[​IMG]

Anyone got any suggestions? Ideas? Any patterns ya'll like? Im ready to paint the bp rifle, soze as soon as I decide on patttern / colors I can get started... Or heck, if you think im a complete fool for painting it, tell me.. ya aint gonna hurt my feelins..

2. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    No suggestions? :confused::confused:

3. swap the colors and maybe add a little burn't orange color in there. Still looks good tho.

4. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    Ahhh hadnt thought of the burnt orange.. thank ya sir :cheers:

5. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    pink:peepwall:

6. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    :hysterical: sure thang mike.. bring one of your watchin guns on down, im sure we can come up with a perty pink creation for ya.. :whip:

7. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    would it help me kill something?:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: always figured it is because i can't see the barrel of the gun being camoflauged and all.:D

8. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    Only one way to find out... im sure we can come up with some pink highlights and some lavender accents.. that'll surely help ya whack em better.. :hysterical:

9. w/ some pastel purple accents ;)

10. Didn't see this till after I posted the last reply :stickfight:. Maybe the posts need to be in Pink and Purple so I can see what I'm reading :bangin::bangin::banghead:

11. Big John

Big John New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    Why paint it, why not buy a Ghillie siut kit and dress it up that way?

12. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    :wink4::wink4:

Ya know, its great you say that big john, I had been thinkin about doing that to one of my other bp's... I think i'll jus do that.. I happen to have several yards of burlap I bought when I was going to make a couple layout field blinds, ill see what I can come up with.

13. Gamegetter

Gamegetter Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2004
    I agree with adding a leaf pattern. And I'd put deer tracks in place of the turkey tracks. ;)