Got A Water Leak

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by hillbilly, May 25, 2009.

  1. hillbilly

    hillbilly Senior Member

    Dec 27, 2006
    Fulton Mo
    Wife was doing some cleaning tonight and noticed that under our kitchen sink was wet and damp got to looking and noticed some mold:mad2:So she calls me up to Inspect It. Well our sub-floor Is soaked and water logged app. 5 ft. wide and 20 ft long. I found the water leak It was on the discharge pipe of the dishwasher, It had come loose. My question Is should we report or make a claim with our homeowners Insurance?:shrug: I'm not a Interior Contractor I'm Exterior:cheers:

    CLIFFHANGER Active Member

    :eek:Sorry to hear that! Seems like its always something? Before I report it I would see how much trouble and cost the repairs would be sometimes the claim is more trouble than its worth? Good Luck!

  3. UrbanHunter

    UrbanHunter Well-Known Member

    I doubt insurance will cover it. Maintenance issue, not an "event".
    Good luck.:confused:
  4. X-Tennessean

    X-Tennessean Member

    Nov 18, 2008
    IMO thats all them things are good for. I have no use for one because of that reason. We jus got in the habbit of cleanin as we go or rite after !!!!!!!
  5. yankee

    yankee Senior Member

    not good, any damage to cabinets?? thats where it can get pricey
  6. hillbilly

    hillbilly Senior Member

    Dec 27, 2006
    Fulton Mo
    Well while I was working State Farm had sent there water damage crew over to Inspect the damage. The wife was home, I strongly beleive Marshall has trained my wife very good Instead of me on dealing with adjusters:roll2:She told them how It was going to be:eek::So right now we have 2 BIG FANS and 2 BIG HUMIDIFY'S running. It got Into our finished basement and cabients In the kitchen and got our hardwood floor In the kitchen as well. So now I'm going to be getting estimates to redo everything:whiteflag::cheers:
  7. Mechanical Plumbing Failure, Ruptured pluming, Should be covered........But some have changed the wording in some policy's..

    Kinda like flood insurance...... Water coming in from window well is not covered...... That would be surface water..... Just a reminder they all change so read your policy........Good Luck on the repairs