Got a couple good bears on camera

Discussion in 'Trail Cam Photos & Pics from the stand' started by mattys281, Dec 17, 2017.

1. mattys281

mattys281 Active Member

Jun 9, 2014
    Arizona
    Had these cameras out since the spring time and finally got out this weekend to see what's been going on. Got a couple pretty good bears (at least for our area) that showed up. I love seeing bears, it always gets the heart thumping to have one lumber by you while you're in your stand!

bear from the basin.jpg
    For size comparison, here's a coues buck from the same camera. I think the bear must be at least 2 or maybe even three times the weight of the deer.
    coues buck at the basin.jpg

This guy showed up about a mile further up the ridge. I think he's even bigger than the first.

bear from the saddle.jpg

2. Rednecknick

Rednecknick Member

Jul 8, 2017

3. mattys281

mattys281 Active Member

Jun 9, 2014
    Arizona
    This is down in Arizona.

Here's a couple more. Taken a couple days apart, but the way the deer & the cat come in on the same trail and sit there watching down hill makes kind of a cool sequence: death follows in your foot steps little deer!!!

PICT1359.JPG

PICT1361.JPG

HomebrewDad and 20' like this.
  4. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Can't say I like hunting where there are things roaming around that can eat me?

aquafowler likes this.
  5. fishshooter

fishshooter Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
  6. mattys281

mattys281 Active Member

Jun 9, 2014
    Arizona
    There’s always something that can get ya no matter where you are. Black widow, rattler, fall from a treestand. Out on these ridges people falling and breaking a leg or getting over heated from hiking g and then catching a chill from the wind and getting hypothermia are the biggest dangers

7. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

What part of Arizona are these from?

8. Keef

Keef Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Clark Co, MO
    I'd like to know as well. I've hunted over many parts of Arizona, but mainly around Payson. Also, hunted Coues down by Tucson, elk near Prescott, javelina many places. Love Arizona, but land there was too expensive so we didn't buy there.

9. NoLuck

NoLuck Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Mehlville,MO
    I’m guessing somewhere near Showlow or Pinetop?? Maybe White mts.

10. mattys281

mattys281 Active Member

Jun 9, 2014
    Arizona
    This is in se az. Closest town is globe.

11. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Yea, I would think that they hear or see you coming way before you even know they are there and scram... I dont think they go rogue and actively hunt people but I've been wrong before.
    Still a bit unsettling walking out in the dark I would imagine.

12. mattys281

mattys281 Active Member

Jun 9, 2014
    Arizona
    It is definitely a good idea to check your back trail frequently. I’ve walked right up on bears many times and they usually take off right away. May be a different story if they’re eating something or if it’s a mama bear with Cubs the. It’s definitely a different story. Haven’t had one of those encounters yet, fortunately. Usually have bear spray anyway.

13. Mark Allen

Mark Allen New Member

Oct 25, 2017
    Cool pics, the country North and East of Globe have a lot of bears, I hunted bears on the San Carlos Rez a few years ago and glassed 14 on opening weekend. Some great Coues habitat also.

14. MOGC

MOGC Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2008
    SE Ozark's
    I'd be more worried about the drug cartels and human traffickers. I'm too pretty to be human trafficked.