Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in a wheeelchir but I can tranfer to drivers seat and drive to where I think I may see deer and position my van in what I think is a position to get a shot

not the biggest deer but I can only shoot one dirrection out of my van drivers window (legal cause I have special permit to do so) so I'm happy
all by myself I was too

was messing with eye cup on my binos and looked up...and there were 2 bucks....reached for my 25-06 and rolled window down (bucks standing) only to discover I still had scope caps on yet....took em off and by this time the standing deer was now running...no time for the shooting sticks to steady my shoulder I put gun against (found out at deerdudes it's best to steady my back shoulder) ...so I had to do without...shot and he dropped in tracks....maybe lucky he was running cause I can't hold very steady on something still anymore without steadying my back shoulder...anyways one dead deer

maybe not the biggest deer by far I've shot...but in my condition I'm happy to have got him

[file]82061[/file]

·
Registered
14,299 Posts
Congrats.:cheers:

·
Registered
8,513 Posts
thats great congrats to ya :cheers:

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
:claphands:Congrats

·
PURE KILLER
38,020 Posts
:eek:::cheers:

·
Registered
11,897 Posts
Congradulations. I always say it not mater about how small or big the deer is, buck or doe. What maters is if the hunter is happy with his or her deer.

I aplaud you on your adaptation and over comming your disabilities to be able to still do something that you enjoy. Never feal embaresed or feal the nead to explain your desision to shot any given animal. If any one gives you any greife about any animal you legally take or about method of hunting you have adapted to, direct them my way. Ill give them a gentle peice of my mind. ( this is a G rated site after all, so gentle is the word used)

Have you ever thouhg about duck and or goose hunting? That is open to use with phisical limitations as well. Not as much meet on a duck as a deer but just as exiting and exileratting. The fealt acomplishment is diferent but at days end you know you once again over came a inposibility to get something done.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks all!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts