·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
nice,seem to be stickin to the corn:eek:

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I planted my foodplot (corn) in the background on June 5. I can't wait to sit in the trees in the middle of it during early Nov. I'm not gonna harvest it. 7.5 acres of pure whitetail playground/bedroom/dinner table/etc. I got about a 1" spot shower tonight which should finish it just right.

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Great pics there starbux!
Sounds like a great stand location too!
:cheers::cheers:

Have you given any thought to cutting some of the corn in the middle? Seems like it could give you a lot more vision in the corn... just an idea though.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by Lefty
Great pics there starbux!
Sounds like a great stand location too!

Have you given any thought to cutting some of the corn in the middle? Seems like it could give you a lot more vision in the corn... just an idea though.
I'm gonna cut some strips (spokes) out from the patch of trees in the middle of the field for shooting lanes and travel paths. I'm also gonna cut some shooting lanes on the side of the field where the camera is. Other than that, there are low spots in the corn which will allow me to see from one of these two locations to a good portion of the field. The low spots were really sandy (bottom ground) and with the heat and lack of rain, the corn only got to about 4-5 feet in a couple strips. I don't want to cut too much since I want the deer to live in there and stay close. Of my 45 acres, I only have about 15 acres of woods on one side of this field. I gotta do what I can to hold them close.

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Sounds like you have everything figured out starbux!
And those are two more nice pics!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
They look good to me. Lots a luck this fall.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.