Good scope??? Vortex Diamondback 3.5 x 10 50mm obj

Discussion in 'Guns & Ammo' started by thwackaddict, Oct 11, 2017 at 12:37 PM.

1. thwackaddict

thwackaddict Senior Member

Nov 1, 2007
    NW Missouri
    Looked at one of these in the gun shop last night. Just wondering if anyone on here has had any experience with Vortex scopes? How do they hold up? Stay on? etc.
    Sure seemed like a nice scope for the money.

Thanks, Thwack

2. Cedar Thicket

Cedar Thicket Blonde Bearded Guy

I have a Vortex Crossfire II (6x18x44), which i believe is more lower end than what you are looking at, and i absolutely love it.

3. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I have the Vortex Diamondback binoculars and love the clarity of them for such a low price and lifetime warranty.

I also have a pair Vortex Vulture binoculars that I'm having an issue with the focus ring. I'll find out how good the warranty is on these.

4. cy912

cy912 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Yes, very good scopes. The Diamondbacks are excellent scopes with very good glass, they are up there with the Leuopold VX-2. Excellent warranty and customer service. I wouldn't get the Crossfire series, stick with the Diamondbacks, far superior optics in every way.

5. fishshooter

fishshooter Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    I've heard only good things about Vortex.

6. Matt_in_KC

Matt_in_KC Captain Obvious

Jan 12, 2015
    Kansas City
    I have one on my 7mm-08 deer rifle. No complaints so far. I have put them on 2 AR's that I built for other folks, and they both were very happy, especially with the $200.00 price point.All three had the BDC reticle.

7. ducksNbucks

ducksNbucks Senior Member

Mar 13, 2011
    Lathrop, MO
    I’m a vortex fan. Had good luck with their bino’s, red dots, and rifle scopes

8. reitzs

reitzs Active Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Springfield
    I have two Vortex Viper HS's: 4-16x44 and 2.5-10x44. No complaints.

If you can wait until Thanksgiving, you will find Viper's and many other models for sale around 40-50% off. Think I paid about $275-300 for both.

9. jehrbo

jehrbo Full Fledged Member

Lots of Vortex fans on here for sure.
    I think half of us bought their binos over the last couple years, Venatic's issue above may be the first issue we've heard on them thus far.

10. bluecan

bluecan Long time listener, first time caller

I've got a 4-16 Viper HS LR on its way to my house right now. It will be my first experience with a Vortex. I bought it on reputation and warranty.

It was also on sale for a good price. About %40 off of MSRP

11. robbie

robbie Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Viper 2x7x32 on Tikka T3 .270
    Viper 2x7x32 waiting on a gun
    Solo 8x25 Mono
    Diamondback 7x36 Bino
    Diamondback 8x28 Bino
    Crossfire 8x42

I love them all - especially for the price.

Used warranty once: My son messed up the eye pieces on the Crossfire (told them our fault) and they promptly replaced with new.