Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this place is more of a dumpster fire these days than the family friendly place of yesteryear, but that doesn't mean there's not still a lot of good that goes on here.

I challenge everyone to post something positive that you've witnessed on MWT in recent times.

I'll start. A few months ago, Cueball2 contacted me looking for someone who could benefit from a possible donation. Through a few exchanged u2u's & a couple phone calls, we were able to secure a be adaptive shooting system for MDS. I have a brother who hasn't lost his drive to hunt since becoming a quadriplegic, but we haven't had the equipment to get him back afield. That all changes now thanks to Cueball2 & the family of John Randall Bullard. We will now be able to get him back in a deer blind next fall. May even try to get him in a turkey blind this spring.

Here's a letter from John's mother & father telling about their son. They said their son would be very proud of the fact that they were able to pay it forward so that others could benefit from his equpment. I'm sure MDS will do their part in making that happen.
Font Paper Paper product Letter Document

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I haven't had the chance to get the system hooked up to a battery yet, but my understanding of how it works. Electric elevation & windage adjustments with a joystick. Rifle/crossbow/shotgun is triggered with a sip/puff system. Suck on the tube actuates the trigger. We'll still have to secure the scope camera. But this system is going to be a game changer.

Air gun Machine gun Trigger Shotgun Table
Camera accessory Table Cameras & optics Wood Machine

·
#freetheninja
2,131 Posts
I love this site, always the first one I check for ch it-chat and new gossips. Seen so many people offer help and good deals, hard to even itemize them.

I also consider it as a valuable resource for info, as the properties and hunting is soooo different from what I’m used to it’s kinda like watching life in a different country sometimes

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
I made a post last week talking about how hard it is to find 410 shells and a guy on here,
Bryan Heimann offered me a box free of charge for just the shipping. He is going to send them as soon as he gets a chance. Was going to meet him in Owensville last weekend but didn't work out. You just dont see that from a person you never met before anymore.

·
Registered
21,310 Posts
I know this place is more of a dumpster fire these days than the family friendly place of yesteryear, but that doesn't mean there's not still a lot of good that goes on here.

I challenge everyone to post something positive that you've witnessed on MWT in recent times.
I'm glad to see some of the old time group find their way back and posting on here again. A couple of the more recent examples I recall are Passthru and hun10. Passthru got me started on game cams many years ago when I bought one he made himself. My son's deer rifle I bought from hun10. Many examples of good folks on here once you get to the core of what makes us similar instead of what makes us different.

·
19,584 Posts
That's a sweet set-up, Randy!

Keep me posted on acquiring the scope camera...I'd like to contribute, if that's what it takes.

·
In Mourning ___ Save the Ninja
5,065 Posts
Bryan Heimann offered me a box free of charge for just the shipping. He is going to send them as soon as he gets a chance. Was going to meet him in see that from a person you never met before anymore.
Yeah something wrong with that guy ,,,He likes to shoot Sqwacks :)

·
Registered
18,259 Posts
Well look what the cat dragged in.
How many old time stories would you like pinwheel?

·
Lunch break commander
8,528 Posts
Well hello!

·
Registered
18,259 Posts
Hey Pastor! Long time

·
Registered
18,259 Posts
Pinwheel ya old dog. How are ya