Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i just bought a new triumph, and was just wondering if anybody has a good load figured out for this gun.

The last new muzzleloader i bought took quite a few different bullets/loads till i found what it liked.

I was gonna start with powerbelt 295gr with 100gr loose 777
thanks

·
Registered
131 Posts
T/Cs usually shoot good with Powerbelts or Barnes spitfires. I prefer Pyrodex with Winchester 209s over the Triple 7.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[rquote=1499732&tid=104644&author=aimhard]T/Cs usually shoot good with Powerbelts or Barnes spitfires. I prefer Pyrodex with Winchester 209s over the Triple 7.[/rquote]

I do have some pyrodex also. I will try that with the powerbelts. how many grains of pyro with a 295gr pb?

thanks

·
Registered
982 Posts
I have a triumph and i have found in mine that right around 110 grains of 777 loose powder and the tc 250 grn bullet in the superglide sabot is about the best it is going to do. If i do my part and shoot well and clean it right between shots you can get great groups with it.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^thanks for the ideas. im going to do some shooting today or tomorow

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Shedzilla, let me know what you get figured out, I just bought a Triumph as well and probably gonna be working with it next weekend.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[rquote=1499788&tid=104644&author=Bowhunter417]Shedzilla, let me know what you get figured out, I just bought a Triumph as well and probably gonna be working with it next weekend. [/rquote]

I will post up when i get some results!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts