Good deal on a tractor?

Discussion in 'Deer Management, Habitat & Conservation' started by bigredhusker, Apr 3, 2006.

1. bigredhusker

bigredhusker Member

Jan 25, 2006
    Liberty Missouri
    Just checking to see if the going rate for a 8n tractor? I friend has one for $2700 that includes the disk, back blade, 2 row plow, 2 row planter, and brush hog. The disk and brush hog are probably in the best condition of the implements. Anyway, haven't purchased a tractor before and didn't know the going rate. This appears to be a good deal from what I see on ebay. .. Oh.. the tractor has been coverted to 12 volt..

what do you think? whould you move on it?

2. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    An 8N in fair condition goes from $1500 to $2500. Impliments are options added to that price. You had better jump on it fast. Make sure the heads are tight and it doesn't leak or burn oil. If he is a true friend he should be on the up and up with you on the status on the engine. I hope you're close to me so I can borrow it.

3. Brake

Brake Active Member

Jan 28, 2005
    Livingston Co MO
    sounds like a good deal for around here also. most small tractors that are in any kind if condition at all are going for 2000 with out any implements

4. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    buying a tractor is just like buying a car theres alot to look for
    and it should pay to buy from some one you know.
    these were prime tractors in there day. and still really good hobby tractors.
    i would say with all those implements if the tractor is in good shape and it has not or minor mechanical problems thats a good deal. for most guys doing food plots only its a great little tractor

5. psycho

psycho New Member

Jan 9, 2006
    pulaski co.
    oh man thats way way way over priced you better leave it alone!!! Let me know the exact location of it so i can warn others!!!:wave:

6. Kickers288

Kickers288 Active Member

i would buy that, but we just bought one about 6 months ago and the back left wheel was rusted and we didnt catch it and now it rusted through the tire and into the inner tire. now we have to get a new wheel. but we paid 2200 for ours and came with brush hog and blade. so i would get on that one fast

7. sounds great with all the attachments,hope the moter is sound:mad2:I can never finds deals like that:cool:

8. bigredhusker

bigredhusker Member

Jan 25, 2006
    Liberty Missouri
    thanks guys.. I'm going to check it out this week.. the guy selling is a friend of a friend... appreciate it.

9. Mecheng

Mecheng New Member

Jul 15, 2003
    STL/Macon Co
    Make sure you know what your are getting into, those tractors don't much "umph" for plowing and discing. Usually see em at auctions going for $1800-2100 in working condition.