Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out for some rabbits today and got more than we bargianed for:D My buddy has a young beagle he is tryin to start and we had 2 older dogs too. Rabbits werent too hot but we ended up with 6 in 5 hours along with 7 quail. Saw three nice size coveys all together Kinda nasty out but all in all a good day.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Nice sounds like a great day to me.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks fellas gonna invest my xmas bonus in a GOOD digital camera so I can share the pics. Im just a youngn but I have never seen as many quail in such a small area as we did I bet we saw close to 45 quail all together in about a 1/2 mile stretch. Good luck to ya fellas.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
I've only been able to get two quail so far this season. seen a few here and there.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats the way its always been for me too joey. I had a good bird dog and round here you would be lucky to get 2 or 3 a trip. Just happend to be in the right place right time kinda deal. I sure hope they are makin a comeback that would be fantastic.

·
Registered
17,090 Posts
:claphands: Hitting 7 quail in a day ain't too shabby shooting by itself. Sounds like you boys got the guns off a bit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts