Gonna try it tommorow morning

Discussion in 'Fishing General' started by leasburg, May 22, 2009.

1. leasburg

leasburg Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2007
    South County MO
    buschhunter, 20feethigh, and I hare goin early tommorow out at my lake. Our main goal is to go after the big bluegill in the lake. We are goin with crickets, but should we try meal worms/wax worms? Never used wax woms in that lake. Any way were the bluegill at, how deep, they on their beds yet? We will bass fish as well while we watch our corks. Everyone have a safe weekend

2. BILLYGOAT

BILLYGOAT New Member

crickets deffinatly.never hurts to try as many baits as possable but a big ol gill has a hard time passing up a cricket.

3. Gamegetter

Gamegetter Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Should be good, probably fairly shallow. I bet some bluegill are still spawning in lakes. Good luck. :cheers:

4. JustBob

JustBob New Member

bring your guns and shoot some squirrels for the squirrel hunting contest!!!

hope u slay them gills. try some american cheese balled up, too.

5. dookie

dookie New Member

Nov 27, 2004
    imperial,mo
    Leasburg,

In the lake I fished last weekend, the bluegill seemed to be moving in to start spawning. We were bass fishing, but caught some big agressive gills shallow on crankbaits. You just might tear em'up! Good luck!!!!!:cheers:

6. leasburg

Jul 27, 2007
    South County MO
    thanks we are workin on a 30 pk right now talkin about it

7. Thanks for the invite buddy :peepwall::peepwall::peepwall::peepwall::peepwall:

:cheers:

8. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    i think i'm gonna take the kids out to the farm and do a bit of fishin as well. bass and bluegill are tearin up the lines out there.:cheers:

9. 76_michael

76_michael Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2008
    Lincoln Co.
    Well me and the brother in law are going to head out to a small lake and see if we can catch some crappie or bass , The other night I took my son fishing in our pond and we caught about 35 bluegill in about 45 min. they were really hitting on nightcrawlers , might give that a try

10. leasburg

Jul 27, 2007
    South County MO
    [rquote=1272495&tid=89087&author=looking_for_guns]Thanks for the invite buddy :peepwall::peepwall::peepwall::peepwall::peepwall:

:cheers:[/rquote]

its my place in hillsborrow not patosi, il get ya dow there, or up there for you

11. leasburg

Jul 27, 2007
    South County MO
    well, I am hungover as can be. We fished from 7 ta 2 and we brought home 60 fish, and threw back 25. was a good day and I have lots a pics, but they are on 20feethighs camera and he is still passed out was a good fish fry

12. Squatch

Squatch New Member

Aug 13, 2005
    Barnhart, Mo
    Can't wait to see the pics, sounds like a fun day!!!

13. leasburg

Jul 27, 2007
    South County MO
    it was good, the bluegill were a little slow, but man they were big

14. tometusns

tometusns New Member

Jan 13, 2007
    swmo.
    sounds like fun....I may have to go try that out myself....we used to use very small top water floating lures..I have seen them bluegill come at least 6 inches out of the water and hit one while it was hanging off a limb...

15. buschhunter

buschhunter New Member

Jan 17, 2009
    South County
    the pics are good and the eats were even better!

16. leasburg

Jul 27, 2007
    South County MO
    [rquote=1273904&tid=89087&author=buschhunter]the pics are good and the eats were even better![/rquote]

I am the fishing master.....

17. ducks1

ducks1 New Member

Feb 10, 2008
    flo.missouri
    [rquote=1273906&tid=89087&author=leasburg][rquote=1273904&tid=89087&author=buschhunter]the pics are good and the eats were even better![/rquote]

I am the baiting master.....[/rquote]:rof2::rof2::rof2::rof2::rof2::rof2::dancin::dancin::dancin::dancin::dancin:

18. leasburg

Jul 27, 2007
    South County MO
    [rquote=1273912&tid=89087&author=ducks1][rquote=1273906&tid=89087&author=leasburg][rquote=1273904&tid=89087&author=buschhunter]the pics are good and the eats were even better![/rquote]

I am the baiting master.....[/rquote]:rof2::rof2::rof2::rof2::rof2::rof2::dancin::dancin::dancin::dancin::dancin:[/rquote]

I am the blugill master

19. ducks1

ducks1 New Member

Feb 10, 2008
    flo.missouri
    looks to me the bait master. thats what it says

20. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Sounds fun for sure leasburg. :cheers::cheers: