Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guess I will head to Town Hall Monday and buy me a new Trykon....

I can't wait hehe

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
47,282 Posts
Bowhunting World magazine has an article about the new Trykon in the current issue. I just got it today and was flipping through it. I haven't read it yet.

Just in case you were interested.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah read it, went and shot one and really liked it. My Ultratec is an '03 and still in great shape but I can't explain how it felt to shoot that Trykon. I was like "WoW!"

That will probally be the last bow I buy for a while.

Anyone else have a similar experiance with it?

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
Yeah couldn't stand it, junk for sure.

Just kidding, shot one it was pretty slick not as slick as the Allegiance, but that's just my opinion.

Congrats on your new Trykon.

BTH

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Sounds like a good choice to me!!
:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
311 Posts
I shot an Allegiance, a Ross, a Trykon, and a Switchback XT over the weekend and the Switchback XT had the least hand vibration and was the quietest of them all. Being that I can't stand the Mathews hype I am desperately looking for a bow that is quieter and has less hand shock. A pro shooter friend of mine suggested the Whisper creek but the are a little steeper in price.

·
Registered
12,626 Posts
:cheers::cheers: Congrats on the new bow

Greatwhitess, which ever bow you get, try the new STS system on it. Eliminates the hand shock and really quites the bow down. It's a must have for about any bow now days. And for an axtra $40 well worth the cost. Go back to the shop see if they have one and put it on each bow (only takes a second) you will be suprised at the difference.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
:pop:

We are all about the pics!!!!!

·
Registered
241 Posts
greatwhitess, dont hate the bow or the company for its advertising. Nor for its enthusiasm from its owners. I never have been one to be brand specific, i like to try everythingout and then base my purchase on that trials. A year ago i tried every bow onthe market, and the Switchback won, ANd i was set out to buy a Outback or PSE typhoon:/ I just loved the way the switchback felt and handled. No i am theleast knowledgable of any bow person on the planet. but i read the hype and let my trial pick the winnner.

I had a class in hight school, we had an accounting class and a product to sell, My team spent a marginal amount of research and development of the product and then a bunch on the advertising of the product we came up with . Our group won the contest, Advertising sells, LOTS OF advertising , sell lots of product if you can get the buyer to believe and then get him to tell someone

·
Under appreciated
92,110 Posts
Get the one you like bud.

I shot the trykon and I thought it was very good.

I will say that it was a SLIGHT bit louder than my tribute but it could very well have been
how the bow was setup.
Personal preference and if anyone tells you that one bow or another kills deer deader than the other.. they are bsing..

·
Registered
311 Posts
Originally posted by shooter22
Advertising sells, LOTS OF advertising , sell lots of product if you can get the buyer to believe and then get him to tell someone
Which is why I have a hard time with Mathews because alot of people seem to buy the bow they see in a magazine and never really shoot anything else. One of the bigger reasons why I haven't purchased the XT is the switchback XT is having some problems with the string dampeners not lining up and it is missing the string completely upon release. They made the bow shorter but didn't change the mechanics of the cam to match. So I am waiting to see if they get this updated.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Originally posted by rat
Personal preference and if anyone tells you that one bow or another kills deer deader than the other.. they are bsing..
I agree completely. It is more about confidence in your set-up than the bow itself. All of the new bows are more than capable of killing a deer, it is how much confidence that the hunter has in his ability using his equipment that is more than often the problem.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.