Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

261 - 280 of 316 Posts

·
Vendor
61,919 Posts
Because you know I work in that industry. I could bring up any number of things attacking your industry in order to make it personal but I dont choose to.

All I did was plot the P:H ratios alongside the **** index.

Do you dispute that P:H ratios and populations have gone down over time?

You post that chart all the time, like a bunch and never change anyones mind. Why do you fight a losing battle like that??
Your industry is somewhat irrelevant to the situation I'm just simply asking if those charts show a causation or correlation?

·
Under appreciated
86,577 Posts
It's not somewhat irrelevant, its completely irrelevant.

I made that chart a long time ago because someone wanted to see the data plotted. I never claimed anything about it. There isnt any way to claim causation or correlation so I never claimed either, just did what someone asked me to do.

Your egomaniacal paranoia immediately thought I was trying to prove you wrong somehow. Not everything is about you.

Lordy

·
Vendor
61,919 Posts
It's not somewhat irrelevant, its completely irrelevant.

I made that chart a long time ago because someone wanted to see the data plotted. I never claimed anything about it. There isnt any way to claim causation or correlation so I never claimed either, just did what someone asked me to do.

Your egomaniacal paranoia immediately thought I was trying to prove you wrong somehow. Not everything is about you.

Lordy
So wait, you font know anything about the causation vs correlation of the charts I posted? Would you have rather I posted a chart with 2 subjects you have no knowledge of?

·
Biology nit wit exposer
79,979 Posts
That doesn't seem to be what hawk and his crony turkey bios are witnessing.
Don't blame the bios. What they say and what we are told they say usually isn't the same. You are aware of that. In this case , you should Figuratively shoot the messenger. :LOL:

·
Under appreciated
86,577 Posts
So wait, you font know anything about the causation vs correlation of the charts I posted? Would you have rather I posted a chart with 2 subjects you have no knowledge of?
I didnt say anything about the charts you posted other than you did it as a personal attack.

All I said is I never claimed anything about causation or correlation of the chart I posted.

Good lord, are you that dense?

·
Hawk Hibernator
1,938 Posts
What's happening to Oklahoma wild turkeys? Sharp decline in population concerns biologists

ED GODFREY | Oklahoman

Are turkeys heading down the same trail as quail?
There are drastically fewer wild turkeys in western Oklahoma, the stronghold of the state's turkey hunting, and state wildlife officials are considering regulation changes and embarking on a research study to learn why.
Hundreds of out-of-state turkey hunters visit Oklahoma each spring to pursue the Rio Grande subspecies of wild turkeys, which are distinguished from the other wild turkey species by the tan-colored tips of their tail feathers.
Heading into next month's spring turkey season, the population has dropped significantly in western Oklahoma over the last two years. It's down 50 percent from 2019 in southwest Oklahoma and 40 percent in northwest Oklahoma.
In the rest of the state, the population decline of Rios is less dramatic and hunters probably will not notice a difference, said Rod Smith, southwest region supervisor for the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation.
But in western Oklahoma, it will be noticeable, Smith said.
"I think, generally, people are going to see fewer birds," he said.
State wildlife officials are concerned enough by the decline that they are pondering hunting regulation changes in the future such as smaller bag limits and a shorter season.
They are also in the process of hiring a university-led research team to study the wild turkey population to try and learn what is causing the plunge.
"The same thing is going on in Texas and Kansas… which makes you think it is weather patterns," Smith said. "It is a big puzzle and we know several of the pieces, but I think there are also other pieces to that puzzle besides weather."
T.J. Goodpasture of Enid, mid-south director of development for the National Wild Turkey Federation, said it is not just the Midwest, but the population of the Eastern subspecies of wild turkeys continues to decline in the southeastern United States.
"As an organization, we are really ramping up research support to help figure out what's going on," he said.
The wooded areas of southeast Oklahoma are home to Eastern turkeys, and since 2012 the turkey hunting season there has been shorter than the rest of the state because of the decreasing population.

·
Registered
20,910 Posts
What's happening to Oklahoma wild turkeys? Sharp decline in population concerns biologists

ED GODFREY | Oklahoman

There are drastically fewer wild turkeys in western Oklahoma, the stronghold of the state's turkey hunting, and state wildlife officials are considering regulation changes and embarking on a research study to learn why.
Hundreds of out-of-state turkey hunters visit Oklahoma each spring to pursue the Rio Grande subspecies of wild turkeys, which are distinguished from the other wild turkey species by the tan-colored tips of their tail feathers.
Heading into next month's spring turkey season, the population has dropped significantly in western Oklahoma over the last two years. It's down 50 percent from 2019 in southwest Oklahoma and 40 percent in northwest Oklahoma.
In the rest of the state, the population decline of Rios is less dramatic and hunters probably will not notice a difference, said Rod Smith, southwest region supervisor for the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation.
State wildlife officials are concerned enough by the decline that they are pondering hunting regulation changes in the future such as smaller bag limits and a shorter season.
They are also in the process of hiring a university-led research team to study the wild turkey population to try and learn what is causing the plunge.
"The same thing is going on in Texas and Kansas… which makes you think it is weather patterns," Smith said. "It is a big puzzle and we know several of the pieces, but I think there are also other pieces to that puzzle besides weather."
T.J. Goodpasture of Enid, mid-south director of development for the National Wild Turkey Federation, said it is not just the Midwest, but the population of the Eastern subspecies of wild turkeys continues to decline in the southeastern United States.
"As an organization, we are really ramping up research support to help figure out what's going on," he said.
The wooded areas of southeast Oklahoma are home to Eastern turkeys, and since 2012 the turkey hunting season there has been shorter than the rest of the state because of the decreasing population.
what are the bios concerned about, hawk and his bio cronies say. "may just be the new post restoration normal"

·
Vendor
61,919 Posts
I didnt say anything about the charts you posted other than you did it as a personal attack.

All I said is I never claimed anything about causation or correlation of the chart I posted.

Good lord, are you that dense?
How bout you check your emotions at the door and tell us what you think about those charts?? Do they show a causation or a correlation? Why so emotional rat?

·
Vendor
61,919 Posts

ED GODFREY | Oklahoman

Man, the research from North Mo that shows hunting doesnt really impact annual survival of gobblers is going to throw a wrench in to their ideas...

·
Vendor
61,919 Posts
Don't blame the bios. What they say and what we are told they say usually isn't the same. You are aware of that. In this case , you should Figuratively shoot the messenger.
What they say is what Ive stated. New normal post restoration is the stance to a man/woman. Some are concerned because they didnt think the decline would be this big. Plus, there are issues they could fix like season timing.

Their going to look pretty ridiculous when the populations level out and increase due to better weather patterns. You worriers are one good hatch away from looking really dumb.

·
Registered
20,910 Posts
What they say is what Ive stated. New normal post restoration is the stance to a man/woman. Some are concerned because they didnt think the decline would be this big. Plus, there are issues they could fix like season timing.

Their going to look pretty ridiculous when the populations level out and increase due to better weather patterns. You worriers are one good hatch away from looking really dumb.
when exactly did post restoration begin? 25 year ago, 30, 35....

·
Biology nit wit exposer
79,979 Posts
what are the bios concerned about, hawk and his bio cronies say. "may just be the new post restoration normal"
A question.

When the yokel shot one of the last three turkeys in the county in 1930 , did he look around and say "hey. Its the new normal".

·
Vendor
61,919 Posts
when exactly did post restoration begin? 25 year ago, 30, 35....
Sometime in the early to mid 90s. Some counties didnt even get turkeys til 1979

·
Vendor
61,919 Posts
A question.

When the yokel shot one of the last three turkeys in the county in 1930 , did he look around and say "hey. Its the new normal".
And you believe thats where we are???

WE HAVE THE LARGEST POPUKATION OF EASTERNS IN THE US. Out population is still healthy. We kill almost 40k per year.... and you are STILL WHINING.

·
Registered
20,910 Posts
And you believe thats where we are???

WE HAVE THE LARGEST POPUKATION OF EASTERNS IN THE US. Out population is still healthy. We kill almost 40k per year.... and you are STILL WHINING.
Hawk, it amazes how you now contend Missouri has such a strong population, most in the country! A convenient flip flop to try to help your ADH case

·
Vendor
61,919 Posts
Hawk, it amazes how you now contend Missouri has such a strong population, most in the country! A convenient flip flop to try to help your ADH case
Weve always had the largest. Theres no flip flop. Hunting doesnt impact the population.

·
Biology nit wit exposer
79,979 Posts
261 - 280 of 316 Posts